Will the Wise

"Thanks, Emma

"Thanks, Emma. This has been fun."

It was almost 9 p.m.
The November air was chilly and made me shiver a bit.

I looked in Max's face and smiled at her.

We had a lot of fun and it turned out she was even better at video games than I imagined.

"It was.",I replied. "We definitely have to do that again sometime! I have to beat you at least one time at a game."

"I mean...you can try.",the girl grinned.

"Max!",a voice suddenly yelled. "Come on in! It's late."

It was Billy standing on the porch with a unreadable expression on his face.

Max sighed. "I'll see you tomorrow?"

I ruffled her hair with a grin. "Of course!"

She rolled her eyes with a smile and made her way to her house.

I stood there, leaning against my hood until she was inside and then looked at Billy who was still standing on the porch.

"Is everything alright, Billy?",I asked him confused when he continued starring at me without saying anything.

He didn't reply.
He just started walking towards my car and sat down on my hood next to me.

"Max looks really happy.",he finally said. "This is the first time I've seen her smile like that since we moved here."

I smiled. "I'm glad I can make her happy with such little things. Max is a special girl. She deserves happiness."

"You deserve that too, you know?",the boy mumbled.

I frowned. "I am happy, Billy."

"Oh, really?",he scoffed.

"Yeah, why would you think that I'm not?"

"When no one is watching, I see your pretty smile fall and getting replaced by this sad expression.",Billy said. "You're not happy, Emma. Stop lying to yourself."

"It's not like you're being completely honest with everyone else and yourself either.",I replied.

"So you don't deny it?",Billy asked.

"Doesn't matter.",I said annoyed. "You seem to have already figured me out. So why should I even try to justify myself?"

He laughed. "You're unbelievable, Princess."

'His laughter sounds beautiful.',I thought to myself and immediately cursed myself.

Why was I thinking that?
Why did I want to listen to his laughter all day if I could have?
Why did it made me smile and why did I stop being pissed at him?

"Urgh, I can't be angry at you.",I hissed annoyed. "It's impossible."

That made him burst out into laughter even more and soon we both were laughing for no reason.

"Your laughter sounds beautiful, Billy.",I exclaimed honestly after we both calmed down a bit.

I saw his checks turn red. "W-What?"

"Your laughter sounds beautiful.",I repeated myself.

"No one has ever said that.",the boy mumbled. "Thank you."

I grinned widely. "Of course."

I looked at my watch and sighed. "I think I have to go now, Billy."

"Already?",he asked with disappoint in his voice.

I grinned. "Already? It's 9 p.m. on a school night."

"Yeah, yeah, whatever, Princess.",Billy muttered and rolled his eyes with a smile.

I chuckled. "I really have to go now."

"Do you want to come to my place after school? To continue to work on our project.",the teenager asked me before I got into my car.

I facepalmed myself. "Of course, the project. I completely forgot about that. I can't come directly after school but I can come to your place one or two hours after if that's okay?"

Billy nodded and smiled. "Yes, yes of course."

I smiled back at him. "All right. See you then."

"