The Spy

I gently let go off Billy and bit my lip

"Why does everything feel so right with you?"",the boy muttered and leaned his forehead against mine.

I breathed in and inhaled his unbelievably good scent.
This was pure torture.

"Emma?",a voice suddenly shouted. "Is that you?"

I abruptly took a step back and turned around to look at my house.

Max was standing on the porch in her pyjama a glass of water in her hand.

"Yes sweetie, everything's fine. I'll be right there.",I yelled back and then looked back at Billy. "I have to go inside now but I think you should come with me Billy. I don't want you to sleep in your car or somewhere else just because your too proud to come back to my place."

"In your bedroom?",he asked with a smirk.

"Unless you want to get beat up by Steve, yes William in my bedroom. But you'll sleep on the floor. I don't think it's a good idea for you to sleep in my bed."

"Alright, Princess.",the boy shrugged his shoulders and made his way to the door.

"Billy?",I asked before I could stop myself. "What does this kiss mean?"

"For me, it meant a lot if that's what you want to know. I don't know what it meant to you though but I do know that I'll be waiting for you, Emma. As long as I have to. And the moment you'll be ready, I'll be here.",the boy said with a genuine expression in his face.

I smiled softly. "Okay."

It was early in the morning when Steve and I made our way to Dustin's house.

I left a note for Max and Billy telling them that I probably wouldn't be at home until the evening and that there were some leftovers in the fridge.

"So you and Nancy...?",I suddenly spoke into the car's silence.

My brother groaned. "Jesus Christ, I have no idea what is going on. I don't even know where she is."

"Do you still want to be with her?",I asked carefully.

"I- I don't know. A few months ago, I never would've doubted Nancy, not even for a second. But I- She said she doesn't love me, Emma. How am I supposed to forget that and move on? I don't want to be with someone who doesn't love me.",the boy muttered and sighed.

"I think if the time's right, you'll know what to do.",I replied. "Your heart will tell you the answer."

"You think so?"