MAD MAX

To put it nicely

To put it nicely...Steve's college application was a disaster.

I started working on it, as soon as Billy dropped me off at my house and after reading his application, I just wanted to get my brother and check if his brain cells were still intact.

His writing style was horrible.
He was just about to explain something, but then suddenly changed the topic and moved to something else and left you with so many questions.

It took me a few hours to make it as perfect as possible but I got it and it wasn't that terrible anymore.

I heard a soft knock on my door.

"Hey Emma, what are you doing?",Steve asked when he entered my room.

I tried to hide his application but it was too late.

"Is that my college application? What are you doing with it?",he asked me confused.

"Nothing.",I replied and smiled innocently at him.

"You've been in here for hours? We're you rewriting it?",my brother asked me in disbelief.

I sighed and nodded. "Yeah, I did...Are you mad?"

He looked at me and sighed. "Of course not but why would you do that? That was probably a waste of time anyway."

"You really want to go to college, Steve.",I mumbled. "You just need a bit help. I don't mind being the one helping you."

"Thank you, Emma.",he muttered and pulled me into a hug.

I smiled. "Of course. You know I will always help you."

"I don't take it for granted though.",Steve explained and let go of me. "I'm just-I'm sorry for being such a bad brother. I should've been there for you."

"Better late than never.",I grinned.

"Yeah...Well, thank you again.",he said.

"You know that the text is not an assurance that you'll get accepted, right?",I asked him.

He nodded. "Yeah, I know but at least it's not as crappy as my application was."

I chuckled. "That's probably true."

"Hey!",he exclaimed amused. "That's not nice."

I shrugged my shoulders with a smile. "I'm just being honest with you."

He ruffled my hair. "Yeah, yeah, whatever. Come on, we have to go now and pick up Nancy."

I nodded. "Alright."

"