Trick or Treat, Freak

"Really, everyone dressed up last year

"Really, everyone dressed up last year.",Dustin complained.

We were currently riding home with our bikes and the boys were telling me about their day.

"But it wasn't that bad, right?",I asked and stroke my hair out of my face.

"Everyone actually did laugh at us.",Lucas replied. "And Dustin totally embarrassed us in front of Max."

I laughed. "You'll survive it."

We rode our bikes in silence, when suddenly
something behind us got my attention.

I turned around and my eyes widened. That was Billy's car totally exceeding the speed limit and driving directly at us.

"Hey, guys?",Dustin said who saw it as well.

"Go!",I shouted and started to ride faster.

The boys quickly followed me and started yelling.

My legs started to ache and sweat was dripping down my forehead.
I think I've never pedaled that fast before.

"Mike, you need to haul ass!",Dustin shouted, panicked.

"Yeah, or Billy's car will do that for you.",I added.

I turned around and looked at the blue Camero.

I noticed how Max was leaning over the console with wide, panicked eyes and grabbed the steering wheel.

The tires were screeching when the car drove around us.

"Whoa!",Dustin exclaimed. "Shit! Shit! Shit! Shit!"

I was able to brake in time and dropped my bike on the ground. My heart was widely pounding in my chest.

"Is- Is everyone okay?",I stuttered. "No one broke something? Nothing's hurt?"

"I think so.",Mike mumbled.

I looked at Dustin and Lucas who watched the car speeding away from us.

"Was that...?",Dustin started taking. "Mad Max.",Lucas finished his sentence.

"She saved our asses.",I muttered. "She really did."

"You won't believe what happened today!",I exclaimed as I opened Jonathan's car door.

"Hey bud.",I ruffled Will's hair and gave Jonathan a kiss on the cheek.

"Billy Hargrove almost run the boys and me over. That asshole almost killed us.",I said upset.

"W-What?",Will stuttered. "Is everyone alright?"

I nodded. "Yeah nothing happened but still. Oh he's gonna be in so much trouble when I see him."

"What an asshole.",Jonathan muttered.

I scoffed. "Yeah."

I leaned forward to to turn on the radio and searched for a good song.

"What are you supposed to be, Ems?",Will suddenly asked me confused while looking at my outfit.

I was wearing a red slim dress with black boots and had devil horns on my head.
Dark red lipstick covered my lips and I had smokey eyes.

I smiled devilish at him. "Isn't that obvious? I'm the devil."

"You look way too pretty to be the devil.",the younger Byers laughed.

I chuckled and ruffled the boy's hair. "You're cute."

I smiled when we arrived at Mike's and saw the boys already waiting for us.

"Will! Hey!",Dustin shouted and waved at his friend.

The boy was about to leave the car when his brother sighed and stopped him. "Hey, listen."

"Yeah?"

"If I let you go on your own, you promise to stay in the neighborhood?",Jonathan asked with a serious expression on his face.

"Yeah!",Will exclaimed with a big smile. "Yeah, yeah, totally."

"And be back at Mike's by 9:00.",Jonathan added.

"9:30?"

"9:00!"

"Yeah.",Will agreed.

I smiled softly at him. He looked so happy. Finally.

"Deal?" "Yeah, deal."

"All right."

"Wait, Will.",I called his name.

He turned around to look at me.

"I have my walkie-talkie with me in case something happens. If you need my help or you want to go home, contact me. Don't hesitate, okay?",I said to him.

He chuckled. "I don't know much about highschool parties but I don't think you're supposed to bring your walkie-talkie there."

I rolled my eyes. "Oh, shut up."

"Have fun but-." "Not too much fun. I know, Emma.",Will finished my sentence and left the car.

I watched him running towards the boys and smiled.

"He looks so happy.",I mumbled.

"Yeah. He does."

"So, what are we two beauty queens doing now?",I asked Jonathan while climbing into the passenger seat.

The brunette took something out of his jacket.
Tina's party flayer.

"You really wanna go there?",I asked.

He shrugged his shoulders. "We could show up for a few minutes and if it sucks we can leave."

I sighed. "All right. Let's do this."

"