Will the Wise

I was in my room, doing my homework and ate some food when I was distracted by my telephone

I still had an hour before I had to be at Billy's place and that made me a bit anxious.

I didn't know how to talk to him anymore.

One day, we're all happy and you'd think we could become good friends, and then something switches and it feels like I don't even know who Billy is.

I really didn't know what to do.

I quickly walked to my nightstand and picked it up.
"Hello?"

"E-Emma? Is-Is that you?",a voice sobbed through the phone. "It's Max."

"Max, what happened?",I asked alarmed.

"My stepfather and-and Billy got into a big fight and they are still screaming and shouting at each other.",the girl whispered. "Please get me out of here."

"Of course. I'll be there in ten minutes.",I replied. "Is-Is Billy hurt?"

"I don't know. I ran into my room. I don't think so.",Max answered. "Just...Hurry up, please."

I even made it after seven minutes and now ran around the house at lightning speed and while looking for Max's window.

I passed a big window and saw Billy and, who I assumed was his father, standing in the middle of the living room, shouting at each other.

A woman, who I supposed was Max's mother, stood in the corner of the room and watched the scene with fear in her eyes.

I shook my head and focused on what I had to do first. Max needed to get out of this house.

My eyes wandered over the slightly damaged house facade and ended at a window with familiar curtains that I've already seen when I was in Max's room.

I knocked on the glas and waited for Max to open it.

When she did I immediately saw her tear-drowned face and her puffy eyes.

"Come on, Max. Take my keys and get into the car.",I instructed her and handed her my car keys.

"Where are you going?",the girl asked frightened.

"I'm gonna get Billy out of here.",I answered and climbed into her room through the window.

"Please be careful.",Max whispered. "Neil is unpredictable."

"I'll be alright, honey.",I answered and smiled softly.

I carefully made my way through the house and stopped in front of the living room where the shouting came from.

I positioned myself in a way that I could see them but they couldn't see me.