MAD MAX

The air was chilly when I left the school building and made my way towards Steve's car

I already saw my brother standing there with his backpack in his hand.

"Hey, Steve.",I greeted him and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

"Hi.",he mumbled and hugged me.

"Is everything alright?",I asked with a frown on my face. "You sound weird."

"Nancy and I were talking about...you know the thing.",the boy answered. "She wants to tell it to Barb's family. She's been feeling guilty lately."

I sighed. "I've noticed that she's been a bit distant but she can't tell them about it. It's too dangerous. Especially with people like that investigator Murray Bauman. That guy hangs out at the police station every damn day. He's just waiting for someone to snap and tell him something that confirms his theories."

"He's still there?",Steve exclaimed annoyed.

"Yup. To be honest, it's kinda funny listening to everything he has to say and we even talk sometimes. He's teaching me Russian while he's trying to get some information out of me.",I told him with a grin.

"Russian?",the teenager asked me confused. "Why on Earth would you want to learn Russian?"

I shrugged my shoulders. "You never know, Steve. It is always good to speak as many languages as possible. What if something happens and you need someone who speaks Russian?"

"We're in America, dumpass. Russians hate us. Why would they come here?",my brother replied sarcastically.

"Stop arguing with me, you monolingual person.",I laughed.

I looked around and my eyes suddenly meet Billy's.

"Oh shit.",I mumbled and face palmed myself. "I can't drive home with you. I have this presentation I need to work on with that new student Billy."

"With that douche?",the boy questioned annoyed.

"Yep. Romeo and Juliette. We have to do a presentation about that.",I mumbled.

"Alright.",my brother sighed. "But be careful. If he gets to weird or if he makes you uncomfortable just leave. Get out of the house and call me, alright?"

I smiled. "I will, mom."

"Yeah, yeah.",Steve mumbled with a small smile. "And don't forget if he touches you, kick him-."