The Pollywog

"Go Steve!",I yelled with a smile as I watched my brother's basketball practice

"Go Steve!",I yelled with a smile as I watched my brother's basketball practice. "You got this."

He was quite a good player but today was just not his day. He was most likely still on edge because of the party and everything that happened yesterday with Nancy.

I didn't get to talk to him about my best friend yet, as he was already asleep when I came home but I really wanted to after his practice.

I watched the game continue and clenched my fists when Billy, probably on purpose, bumped into Steve.

They stood in the same place for a while and fought for the ball until Billy pushed Steve into his side with his elbow, got the ball and made a score.
Everyone cheered for Billy expect for Steve and me.

"That little asshole.",I yelled angry as I got up from my seat on the bleachers. "Is that even allowed?"

"Harrington number 2, sit your ass down!",the coach yelled back and rolled his eyes.

"Why am I number 2? I am a 1!",I protested and rolled my eyes.

Billy looked victorious at my brother and licked his lips.

"Gross.",I mumbled and sat down.

Steve was about to continue playing when a sudden voice called his name.

I turned my head around and saw Nancy standing at the gym entrance.

I watched Steve leave the gym and follow my best friend outside.

"Hey Emma. How does it feel to see that your brother is such a loser?",I suddenly heard a voice and turned around.

I rolled my eyes. "I don't know, Tommy. You don't happen to have siblings who I could ask that, right?"

"You were lucky all these years to have Steve to protect you but he isn't the same anymore. People aren't afraid of your loser brother as they used to be so I'd better watch out for that pretty face of yours.",Tommy scowled at me.

I got up from the bleachers and came face to face with the teenager.

Since Steve wasn't there, everyone took a little break from the game and noticed the heated conversation between Tommy and me.

I felt their eyes on me.

"Are you threatening me, Thomas?",I teased him with a devious grin. "Because the last time I remember I punched you in the face a few years ago in Middleschool not the other way around. Wouldn't be such a bigmouth if I were you."

I noticed how Tommy clenched his fists but before he could do anything he was pulled back by someone.

That someone turned out to be Billy. Of course.

"That's enough, man.",he muttered. "You don't want to get suspended because of her, do you?"

"You're right.",Tommy snarled through gritted teeth. "That little shit is not worth it."