Will the Wise

"Okay, everybody got the plan?",I asked one last time

Billy, Max and I arrived at my house and were now sitting in my car.

Since Steve wouldn't have been very happy to have Billy in the house and Billy didn't want my brother to know about his father-situation I decided to tell my brother that Max got into a fight with her mom and now needed a place to stay while on the other hand I would try to sneak Billy into the house and then into my room.

The step-siblings nodded.

"Alright.",I sighed. "Max is coming with me and you'll stay here until I come back and get you in, okay?"

"Alright.",the boy agreed and leaned back in the passenger seat.

Max and I got out of my car and went towards my house.

I took my keys and opened the door.

"Hey, Emma. I've made some food. You're gonna lo-.",my brother looked surprised at Max. "Woah, who's that?"

"This is Max." "Hi." "She had a fight with her mom and will be staying here for a while if that's okay with you.",I explained.

"Yeah, yeah of course.",my brother replied. "I'm Steve."

I clapped my hands and made both of them flinch. "Awesome. Now that we know each other's names, I'll show Max around."

I quickly took her hand and walked with her upstairs.

I showed her the bathroom, my room and in the end the guest room.

"This will be your room.",I explained to her.

"Where is Billy going to sleep?",Max asked anxiously.

"Don't worry, honey.",I calmed her down. "He won't share a room with you. He will sleep in my bedroom."

"Are you sure about that?",the girl asked concerned.

"We only have this guest room.",I sighed. "Unfortunately, he can't sleep anywhere else."

"Good luck with him.",the redhead mumbled.

I chuckled. "Are you hungry, Max? Steve said something about food that he cooked. There is certainly something left over."

"Are you sure that's edible?",she asked concerned.

"I think you'll have to find out.",I whispered with a grin.

We went downstairs and into the kitchen where Steve sat at the kitchen table.

I grabbed my keys that I left on the counter and put on my shoes.

"I forgot something in my car. I'll be right back.",I informed Max and my brother.

I then looked at the redhead and mouthed a 'Distract him' towards her.

The girl nodded and quickly started a conversation with Steve so that he wouldn't notice Billy when we came into the house.

I went outside and made my way to my car where Billy was already waiting for me.

"What took you so long?",he asked in disbelief. "I've been waiting for almost half an hour."

"Sorry, prima donna.",I muttered and rolled my eyes. "The coast is clear now. Max is distracting Steve. That will give us time to get you inside."

I turned around and walked towards the house.

"Be quiet now.",I whispered and opened the door.

I quickly grabbed Billy's hand and pulled him towards the stairs to my bedroom.

"Stay here.",I ordered and placed him on my chair. "I'll search something to eat for you. I'll be right back."

I was about to leave the room when Billy said my name.

"I haven't thanked you.",he muttered. "So, ehm, thank you, Emma. This is really kind of you. Letting us stay and stuff."

Even though I was still mad at him, even though he didn't deserve it, I gave him a small smile.

"Everything's going to be okay. I promise."