The law of duality

Wherever there is light, there are also shadows to be found. For there to be victors, so must also the concept of the vanquished exist. The selfish notion of preserving peace initiates war and hatred is born in order to protect love.

John's p.o.v.

I throw the car in park and turn the engine off. Today was Van's first day at the new location. Which was bustling a lot more than I was expecting. People were renting rooms for single nights of fun in the hotel section. In the courtyard there were people out enjoying dinner out with friends. There were of course the obligatory drunk night-clubbers stumbling outside but still having way too much fun. This place was crazy but it had a sort of charm to it.

I step out of the car just as Luca and Grace pull up next to me. I give the two of them a quick wave before pulling out my phone to call Van. The phone rings just a few times before Vanitas picks up.

"Hey." He answers.

"Hey, you still on the clock?" I question.

"Actually I'm just leaving." Van says.

"Great. Meet me in the parking lot.

"Hmm, alright." Van replies, somewhat suspicious of what I might be planning.

I hang up and lean against the car while I wait. A few minutes later Vanitas comes through an employee exit/entrance and I immediately call and wave to get his attention.

"Hey. What's up?" He asks while approaching.

"Do you feel like going out to eat."

He walks to just in front of me before noticing Grace and Luca waiting patiently in their car. "Sure. What's the occasion?"

"I'll explain when we get ourselves a table." I say, opening the passenger side door for him.

"Alright."

[Relative truth is anything that describes the changing phenomena of our experience. Absolute Truth is the ineffable and unchanging truth that transcends all concepts and language and is synonymous with Reality. You could even say this is what you really are beyond your ideas about yourself.]

Vanitas' p.o.v.

"Thanks." John says in a sweet voice to the waitress seating us.

"What can I get you all to start you off today?" The waitress chimes while keeping most of her attention on John.

"You wouldn't happen to have la croix, would you?" John asks.

"Actually we do." The waitress smiles, brushing her hair behind her ear before writing that down. "Everyone else?" She questions.

Luca looks at Grace. "Water?"

"Yeah" she confirms

"We'll both just have water." Luca says.

"Sprite for me." I speak up.

"Alright. I'll be right back with your drinks and you guys can decide what you'd like to eat in the meantime." She informs.