Hell is empty

And all the demons are here.

Vanitas' p.o.v.

"For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all." My father quotes, closing his sermon for the week.

"Amen." We all say in union.

Our whole family was gathered in our family church. It was a small but adequate establishment maintained by the donations of evangelists with questionable character...at least in my eyes.

My family would gather here every Sunday for my father's sermons which he'd live stream for the world to see. The streams got an enormous amount of attention from people all around the world but it goes without saying that most of it was because people wanted to see how much of a train wreck my family actually was.

I rub my neck awkwardly. I was starting to feel naked without my collar. I'd developed an attachment to it. It helped me calm any anxiety and being inside my family's church was making me pretty anxious.

I'd been doing sexually perverse things recently which our lord and savior didn't approve of. Part of me wanted to stop and go back to being a good Christian but another part of me needed to be subjected to subjugation. It felt as natural as breathing.

Sometimes I wondered if I could continue doing what I was doing but with a woman but I wasn't attracted to women in the slightest. There was no chemistry unlike when it came to guys. And then with John, the chemistry was volatile...like he and I were meant to carry out this song and dance.

"That has to be the best sermon you've given this year, dad." Lilith compliments, ending the stream.

"Thank you, Lil." Our father says. "You're one my greatest inspirations."

"Now who's ready to protest?" Our mother cheers.

"Always." Azazel calls out. He was always eager to spread the word of God. He seemed to think it was his calling...something I don't entirely disagree with.

"What lucky establishment is choice for the lords benediction today, mother?" I ask, trying not to let the sarcasm show.

"Planned parenthood." Our mother says will a sullen undertone.

"Disgusting." Eve comments.

"Don't worry Eevee." Our dad comforts." We'll be there to steer as many people as possible away." My father then turns to Nick. "Will you and my lovely daughter be joining us this outing?"

Nick and Lilith share barely audible words before exchanging nods. "We'd love to."

My mom sighs a sigh of happiness. "Today is going to be a great day.

[Glittering, gleaming and glowing to gloss a hidden hurt. Stumbling steps where the wall used to be. Forgetting not to hope for more.]

John's p.o.v.

"Hey, Johnny?" Sarah calls, grabbing hold of my hand.

My family and I were just exiting from our weekly service at our local Catholic church.

"Yeah?" I ask, prepared for anything my little sister could ask.

"Can I ride home with you in your car?" She pleads.

I smile. "Of course. As long as mom and dad think it's okay."

Sarah lets go of my hand to go and ask our parent's permission. They're just a little to far away to hear clearly. Pretty soon, Sarah scurries back to give me the news.

"They said it's fine as long as we're extra safe." My little sister smiles.

"Well..." I pick her up sit her onto my shoulders. "I guess you're riding with your big brother."

Sarah giggles and hangs on tight.

I carefully carry her to my car as I watch our parents get in theirs a few parking spaces away. I gently set Sarah down by the passenger's side and open the door for her. She hops into her seat and I close the door then round the car to get in on the driver's side.

"Seatbelt." I remind as I sit inside the car.

Sarah is quick to buckle herself in with me following suit. I rummage around in my pockets, looking for my keys but snap my gaze to Sarah when I hear her snap the glove box open.

'Oh my God.'

"What's this?" She asks, pulling Vanitas's collar from inside.

I panic a little more than I'd admit to myself.

"It nothing." I say, grabbing the collar slow enough to not seem like I was hiding something but swiftly enough to keep her from observing it too closely.

"Is it a collar?" She gasp suddenly. "Are you getting a puppy?!"

I jump to de escalate the situation.

"No!" ... "I mean...no. I was thinking about it but decided that I was too much responsibility."

"Aww." Sarah laments. "Maybe we could ask mom and dad to help."

"Err, maybe. Do you want to listen to the radio?"

I slightly fumble when trying to turn the radio on and start rapidly flipping through stations out of nervousness.

"No I'm oka-" she stops at the end of her sentence when she realizes that one of her favorite songs came on and wastes no time singing along.

I throw my head back and exhale the tension from my body. I'd managed to distract her from the subject for now.

I grab my keys from my pocket and start the car.

[Love should never mean having to live in fear]

Vanitas's p.o.v.

“Lo, sons are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward.” my father and mother quote simultaneously.

"For thou didst form my inward parts, thou didst knit me together in my mother’s womb. My frame was not hidden from thee, when I was being made in secret, intricately wrought in the depths of the earth." Azazel follows.

To be honest...I wasn't against my family's view on abortion but I was against their approach to it. Everyone deserved a chance at life...despite life being a glorified shark tooth filled glory-hole...for a lack of better words. I didn't like the thought of coming into a brief existence only for someone to send me back into the void. There's just too much world to see. But in the defense of abortion...for some very unlucky children, their conception wasn't made under honest or good circumstances. To that I say "life is full of necessary restrictions and sacrifices" and hold my peace...something my family did not do.

I rub my hand across my neck. Still feels awkward.

"So Van." A voice pulls me from my thoughts. "Find yourself a special lady friend yet?"

I look over at Nick who was holding a picket sign much like myself.

"Uh, no, not yet." I state.

"Really? Still single?" Nick questions. "But you've got so much going for you."

"And that would be?" I question.

"You're high school educated, got a decent allowance and your own room in your mom's house." Nick smirks.

I just raise an eyebrow at him.

"I'm joking, Van." Nick messes up my hair. "Take your time is all I'm trying to say."

"...Alright." I say, fixing my hair.