Satanic Tenet #6

People are fallible. If one makes a mistake, one should do one's best to rectify it and resolve any harm that might have been caused.

Vanitas' p.o.v.

"So to summarize the events that you just described to me...Your parents found out about the two of you, you got sent to a shady puritanical summer school that practices "cOnVeRsIoN tHeRaPy", Got rescued, illegally got a job as a stripper, and you found your long lost sister?" Roman quizzes.

"Pretty much." I say.

Roman, John and I had checked out of the hotel and decided to go out for lunch before parting ways.

"You two might be the most hardcore people I know." Roman compliments.

"Not really." John scratches the back of his head awkwardly. "We just get caught up in the shittiest situations sometimes."

"Still." Roman leans back in his chair. "That summer school sounds wildly illegal, though."

"Inhumane is the word I'd use." John inserts. "The documents I saw and the pictures I took would shock you." John casually takes a bite out of his chimichanga.

"Excuse me, you have evidence?" Roman asks incredulously.

John wipes his mouth with a napkin before speaking again. "Yeah. I've just been kinda sitting on it until I get the chance to get it to a reliable media outlet."

"I...might be able to help with that." Roman suggests. "My mom has a few indirect connections to the local news. This could get national attention if we start there and cross our fingers."

"If you let your mother do that, she'll be targeted by my family and their small mass of new devotees." I say. "They'll annoy her and publicly attack her character."

Roman chuckles. "No offense but my mom would love the opportunity to piss off your family like that."

"None taken." I reply.

"Find me on Facebook and send me everything you have." Roman says.

"Why Facebook?" John questions.

"Because a story about something that mysteriously appeared on facebook always piques public interest."

"If you say so." John comments.

I take a bite from my sandwich. "I'm glad we're finally doing something about that." I say, struggling not to accidentally spit everywhere while I spoke.

I'm taken back to the exorcism class and the nightmares.  Pain...physical pain has always been friend to me. But psychological pain was true torture.

"Little brother." John calls.

"Yeah, I know." I respond. "Sorry."

I was definitely making "that face".

"Let's just change the subject." John suggests, trying to keep my spirits up.

"Okay." Roman starts. "What's with the little brother, big brother thing?"

"Ugh." John says. "Everyone asks that." "It's...just our thing. Don't make it a thing."

Roman chuckles. "You two are just...I don't know...interesting."

"Hmm. This is the first time I've ever felt flattered and insulted at the same time." John comments.

"I just mean that you guys defy everything I knew to be logical, ya'know? Made me realize that I'm a lot less emotionally intelligent and mature than I thought I was. I really want to understand everything about you both...so I can rebuild my understanding."