Chapter 6: Underoos!

Mara and Natasha walked in silence as the two made their way across the airport grounds. Natasha carefully examined every move Mara made, to try and understand the brunette assassin. 

Mara was difficult to read, being trained just as good, if not better than Natasha. Both assassins grew up without a childhood, only knowing the life of a killer. Natasha, however, gave that up years ago, whereas Mara was still a killer to this day.

"You can try and read me all you want, but you won't find anything" Mara said, breaking the silence between them. "I won't trust you unless I know more about you" Natasha responded, not looking away from the brunette for even a second. 

"I wouldn't expect otherwise" Mara said with a smirk, now making eye contact with the redhead as they are joined by the others.

"Okay, looks like we are going to fight our way out of this one" Tony said. Mara knew this was coming, knowing how stubborn Stark can be. 

"Question" Mara said, raising her hand. "Yeah?" Tony responded. "Do I have permission to use my knives or guns?" She asked. 

"You are not allowed to seriously injure or kill anyone. Only stop them using your fighting skills" Tony said. Mara kind of saw that coming, but was still sad she did not get to use her weapons today.

They finally came face to face with Captain America's group. Mara took this time to assess the team and their chances. 

To be honest, she did not think they would be able to defeat Captain America, the Winter Soldier and Wanda Maximoff all at the same time, but she was surely not going to back down from a fight. Failure was unacceptable in her eyes.

She heard Natasha speak up. "Steve, you know what's about to happen. Do you really want to punch your way out of this one?" Steve ignored her, which resulted in Tony losing his patience and yelling "Underoos!" as a signal for the fight to begin. 

Peter made his dramatic, yet awkward entrance. It was uncomfortable for Mara to watch, as the kid was trying to make friends in this situation. Steve looked at Tony, saying "you've been busy".

"And you've been a complete idiot. Dragging in Clint, rescuing Wanda from a place she doesn't even want to leave. A safe place. I'm trying to keep..I'm trying to keep you from tearing the Avengers apart." Tony says in some sort of speech in order to make a last-ditch effort to avoid an inevitable fight.

After some more talking that Mara was hardly paying attention to, Peter was suddenly kicked by a man that appeared out of nowhere. Mara figured that must be Ant-Man, as he was the only person she hadn't recognised yet. 

Everyone started fighting someone and Mara instinctively went after the person who started the fight. Her new mission had officially begun.