Chapter 11: Dead ends

(2 months later)

"Je bent erbij betrokken, Sjoerd. Geef het gewoon toe en vertel me wat je weet. Anders wordt de pijn alleen maar erger." Mara said to the whimpering man who was tied to the chair in front of her. (You're involved in this Sjoerd. Just admit it and tell me what you know. Otherwise the pain will only get worse)

She spent these past two months looking for people involved in the death of her parents. She had already killed 11 people from both Russia and The Netherlands who possibly had a hand in killing her parents.

"Vergeet het maar. Ik ga nog liever dood dan dat ik een Morozov help" he spat back. (Forget it. I'd rather die than help a Morozov.)

"Wat jij wilt." Mara responded calmly, before putting a bullet through his head. (As you wish)

The man's head dropped back as blood dripped on the concrete floor of the warehouse they were in. Mara sighed as she realised she had hit another dead end. 

She had been looking for two months and all she got was more dead ends and more work getting rid of dead bodies.

The only thing she learned was that her parents were controversial figures by the names of Annelies and Pjotr Morozov. They were likely linked in some way to Hydra, but that was all still a guessing game.

She had already looked through the Hydra files that were leaked by S.H.I.E.L.D., but did not get any hits for their names. She was not aware of any codenames for them, so that meant another dead end.

Mara decided that it was time to call someone she knew would be willing to help. After a few rings, she picked up.

"Hello"

"I need your help"

"Let me know where you are and I'll be there as soon as possible"