Chapter 32: 'Base of Peace'

Mara was sitting on her bed reading a book when there was a knock on her door.

"Come in!" she told the person on the other end. Shuri opened the door with a smile on her face.

"I think I found the right words. Follow me." She said. Mara put her book down and got off of her bed, following Shuri out the door.

The two walked to the lab and got behind Shuri's desk.

"Okay, so I tried to find calming words that can also act as much as opposites of your trigger words as possible." She started explaining as she grabbed her notebook.

"I wanted to make sure my words would target two main sections of your brain" Shuri says as she begins explaining her work method. "Your temporal lobe, which controls your memories and reception of audio signals. I also want to target your limbic system, which controls your emotional responses."

Mara simply nods while Shuri continues with her explanation. "I did some quick puzzling and came up with these five words to act as verbal cues for your hypnosis." She says as she points to five words written down in her notebook.

Mara takes the words in.

FamilyCalmOnePacifySovereign

She had to swallow for a moment when she read the word 'family'. Aside from her parents, she never really understood the concept of family. Even her parents were dead by the time she was four years old.

Her mind drifted to whether the Avengers finally got Whitehall to tell them about her parents. She would have to call Natasha today to ask her about it.

"Okay, will we get started right away?" She asked the younger girl.

"Yes, if you are ready we'll walk to our meditation room."

Mara wondered if there was anything Wakanda doesn't have... Oh right, the love of her life. She couldn't wait to see her beloved redhead again.

The two walked down the hall to a room labelled 'Base of Peace'. Shuri opened the door and Mara's jaw dropped slightly at the sight.

She now understood the name of the room. Moss lined the left wall providing the room with a forest-like scent, making it seem as if the two were standing outside in nature. The back wall was lined with glass covering it top to bottom, giving a panoramic view of Wakanda. In the middle of the room were a few comfortable lounge chairs as well as some yoga mats.

Shuri guided Mara over to a lounge chair and sat her down. "This is where you will have your hypnotherapy sessions." She told the assassin.

"It's beautiful. I get why they labelled it as the 'base of peace'." Mara responded.

"My brother actually named this room when he started to become interested in the power of meditation. He refers to this room as the place where our minds start becoming peaceful. He says meditation is stronger than any kind of mind control if you learn it the right way. The human mind is incredibly strong." The young girl explained.

"Are you going to perform the hypnotherapy sessions?" Mara asked, to which Shuri shook her head.

"I can do many things, but we have people who specialise in that medical field. Don't worry, you will be in good hands." She comforted Mara.

"I will leave you to get used to the room, perhaps you can even try and meditate. Someone will join you in 30 minutes to start your very first session." And with that, Shuri left Mara alone in the room.