Chapter 9: Breaking out

At this point, it could have been days or even weeks since Tony last showed up. Mara lost track of time after the first two days. The meals were irregular and the lights were always on throwing her off her scent completely.

She had become very tired, as she hardly slept. She was used to worse conditions, so it wasn't too bad for her. 

The one who seemed to take the hardest hit was Wanda, who was put in a straitjacket with a collar around her neck. She seemed to be staring off into oblivion for most of the time.

Mara felt bad for the younger girl. She knew about Wanda through Hydra. She was such a young girl and Mara knew she wanted to do good with her powers. And here she was, being treated worse than a dog. 

Hydra was never easy on their subordinates, putting them through horrible living conditions. So Mara knew that Wanda would get through this.

Suddenly, noises could be heard throughout the complex. It almost sounded like a commotion. A lot of screaming and bullets flying caused Mara to perk up.

She became curious and sat up from her bed, walking over to the glass panel at the front of her cell to get a better view. That's when she saw them. Captain America and Natasha.

Steve quickly made his way to Sam's cell, as Natasha walked over to Mara. "I think I owe you this" she said with a smirk as she opened Mara's cell door. 

"Yeah you do. Thanks" she responded, giving a smile in return. She quickly got out and went over to Wanda's cell.

She broke the keypad and quickly opened the door to get to Wanda. As she made her way over to her, she noticed that Wanda was still staring into oblivion. 

"Hey, Wanda. It's me, Mara. I'm going to take this collar off of you, alright?" She said as Wanda just nodded.

She figured out how the collar worked and carefully opened it, making sure it wouldn't shock Wanda. After that was removed, she took off the straitjacket, freeing her arms. "There you go" she said with a smile, which Wanda timidly returned.

"Let's go everyone, we gotta move!" Steve shouted. They quickly walked out and joined the rest towards a quinjet. Mara just then let out a deep breath, realising she was somewhat free.