Chapter 19: Hello there, Frost

Mara woke up in an unfamiliar place with her arms and legs tied to a chair. There were two guards in the room with her, one of them quickly leaving when he noticed she was awake. This left her with only one guard in the room.

'Fools' she thought to herself, before snapping the foot of her prosthetic leg back and retracting the blade. She swiftly cut the two straps around her legs and ran over to the guard, who was still shocked by what just happened.

Mara quickly kicked towards the guard's head, decapitating him in the process. "Still sharp" she muttered whilst admiring the now blood-covered blade that was attached to her leg. She quickly used the keys on the guard's belt to cut her arm straps, freeing her effectively.

Apparently, a camera captured the event, and quickly an alarm echoed through the base she was in. Guards came at her in the masses and Mara knew this was about to get bloody.

She managed to stab about three guards before she felt a warm and painful sensation in her shoulder. One of the guards had shot her. This gave the others an opportunity to grab and restrain her.

They pushed another needle in her neck, causing Mara to pass out once again.

She woke up sometime later in a different room. This time they had thrown her in a cell. She noticed that her leg somehow felt very light and decided to look down. 

To her dismay, they had taken off her prosthetic leg, leaving her with only her upper leg with a stump at the end. She was fully disarmed now.

Footsteps were coming towards the cell, and a peeking hole was opened. The person looked inside and opened the doors. It was Whitehall himself.

"Hello there, Frost" he greeted. Mara decided to give him the silent treatment, not wanting to give him the pleasure of conversation.

"We decided it was best to remove your prosthetic, as we do not want any more unpleasant surprises." He explained, motioning to her stump.

"You might be wondering where your dear Widow is." He started, grabbing Mara's attention. "What did you do to her?!" She screamed at him.

"Nothing. I am only interested in you." He said with a smug look on his face. "However, she clearly doesn't seem interested in saving you and now she lost you forever because you'll be working for us again."

"I will never work for the likes of you and Hydra ever again." She said angrily with a tear spilling from her eye. "So you can shove the prosthetic you made for me right up your ass."

"We'll see about that. GUARDS" he yelled. Multiple guards walked in and roughly grabbed Mara. "Take her to the chair."

Mara tried struggling against the guards, knowing exactly what was about to happen. It was useless without her blades. She felt defeated as she was shoved into the chair.

A guard lowered the metal contraption around her head and put a mouth guard in her mouth. They tightened the straps around her wrists, her left ankle, and her right thigh. 

Mara braced herself as best as she could but she knew the pain would be some of the worst she ever felt.

The electricity began coursing through her body as her screams filled the warehouse. After a few seconds, her memories started to become fuzzy as her brain continued to fry.

Finally, after too long in Mara's opinion, the electricity was stopped and Mara dropped her head in exhaustion. She looked up and saw Whitehall coming out with a red book. She looked at it in disbelief as she silently hoped that book would have been destroyed by now.

"страх" he started, causing whimpers to come from Mara's mouth as she struggled against the restraints (fear).

"автомобиль" "STOP PLEASE" she started yelling at him, trying to get him to stop. (car)

"семь" something started shifting in her head, but she tried to resist it as best as she could. (seven)

"провоцировать" her head became empty, all her thoughts and memories coming to a blank. (provoke)

"простота" he finished. Mara had become a soldier in the grasp of Hydra once again, knowing nothing but killing (simplicity)

"Soldat?"

"Я готов отвечи" Mara responded. (Ready to comply)