Chapter 26: Wakanda

Hours later, Steve and Mara arrived in Wakanda. It was one of the most beautiful places Mara has ever seen. The nature alone deserved to be on the UNESCO World Heritage list.

"Are you nervous?" Steve asked the brunette. "Only a little, because I have no idea how this is going to go. I know I can trust them, since they helped Barnes, but I'm not sure what exactly they'll do to me."

"You'll be fine. They won't do anything harmful. Sure, every procedure comes with its risks, but you will be notified if that is the case." He said, to which Mara nodded.

They landed in a field and opened the door. A group of people were already awaiting their arrival. Mara recognised King T'Challa from the Civil War fight when he was the Black Panther. She had great admiration for the man's spirit.

"Captain, Miss Morozov. Welcome to Wakanda" the king greeted the pair. "King, it is an honour" Mara greeted, unsure of what the proper greeting for a king was.

"Thank you for helping Mara, king. It means a lot to us." Steve said. "It is our honour to be of meaning to an ally" the king replied with a kind smile.

"The women behind me are the Dora Milaje, they are Wakanda's special forces" he explained, motioning to the women next to him and behind him. Mara and Steve nodded in greeting towards the powerful-looking women.

"Follow me so I can show you the lab where you can meet my sister" the king said and Mara and Steve followed.

They arrived in a very futuristic lab where a young girl was standing. "Shuri" T'Challa said, causing the girl to turn towards them. She beamed as she saw the familiar face of Steve and a new face in Mara.

"Hello, brother and company" she said as she walked towards them. She stuck out her hand towards Mara.

"My name is Shuri" she told Mara. "Nice to meet you Shuri, I'm Mara" she returned the greeting.

"Miss Morozov will be here for the same treatment as the Winter Soldier" T'Challa informed her.

"Excellent! I have heard a lot about you." Shuri told Mara, causing the latter to look at her curiously. "All good things of course." Shuri quickly assured her.

She showed Mara around the lab, explaining how the treatment would be conducted and having Mara sign a permission form for it.

After that Mara, said goodbye to Steve, who would return to the Avengers compound to do some more avenging. Seriously, does that man do anything else?

"Please look out for Natasha for me while I'm here. Don't let her do anything reckless." She asked him. "Of course Mara. Please look after yourself as well. I'll make sure Natasha is doing well while you're gone." He assured her with a smile.

They hugged and Steve took off in the quinjet. Leaving Mara alone with Shuri and T'Challa for who knows how long.