14.

"Madam Era!" I shouted out, waving with my now healed enough to be out of the cast hand, and quickly caught the attention of the woman working at the flour stool.

"Ah, lil lady! How've ya been?!" She quickly greeted me back. I dismounted the horse and walked up to her.

"Seen better, seen worse days, madam." I sighed jokingly, and she clicked her tongue ticked off by my expression. "How has been the little guy doing? Getting any better?"

"Ah yes yes! You've been of great help, my lady, we fall in great debt of you." She bowed, but I quickly told her up again, waving off her words. When visited the town the day after buying flour, I saw this woman once again, yet she was more distressed than before. 

Out of curiosity, I approached her and soon found out that her little grandson had fallen ill and they couldn't afford a doctor. So as unprofessional as I was, I decided to help them out as in any way my arm wasn't as healed to give any chances for working out again.

Now I visit them each day, checking on the three year old boy named Paul. He had caught a bad cold but slowly and surely was starting to get back on his feet.

"Here is the new patch of medicine. Ground them up with the ones I gave you last time and add them on bread as a topping to hide the bitterness." The woman nodded, grinding these instructions deep into her brain and bowed once again.

"You're a lil angel, my lady, ya know that?" Her eyes sparkled as she looked straight at me.

"Anyone would have done the same, madam, there is no need for bowing." I patted her back and not soon after went back and mounted the horse. "Hang in there, madam Era. Worry doesn't suit that beautiful face of yours." 

"Ah, stop it!" Her loud laughter filled my chest with happiness. Knowing that my good deed of the day had been done, I finally set off and headed back to the headquarters.

Knowing that there was still plenty of time until sunset, I decided to let this light grey beauty to feast on some fresh grass and so I stopped near a village placed around working fields. There was a small store right next to it so I decided to head in and look around, maybe find something of value.

There wasn't much as mostly the things for sale were used items, but a black dress did catch my eye in the clothing section. It had a corset-like structure on the waist to highlight the wearer's figure, but overall was pretty loose and comfortable-looking.

"How much for the dress?" I asked the store owner.

"Three bronzes."

"I'll take it for two."

"Very well." with a big sigh, the elder let me get away with a bargain and after paying with a pleasant ring of a bell on top of the door announcing my victory, I was outside once again.

However, I could feel something very wrong. My instincts immediately told me to put the dress away in the shoulder bag and pay more attention to the surroundings.

"Here you are, you sneaky lil bitch."

A husky voice reached my ears and just right in time I jumped to the left, avoiding a powerful swing with a sharp knife, following the blade barely grazing my arm with my eyes. A wave of shivers went down my back, as my nails immediately got longer and sharper.

"Long time no see, ay, (y/n)?" Just one glimpse of the man's face was enough to immediately recognized him. A loud hiss left my mouth, as I readied my fangs for an attack.

The man in front of me was a good friend of the man that had bought my mother - Fredric. I hadn't lived under his roof, but he did come visit us to check whether we had still been alive, occasionally gifting us a good beating for mere satisfaction.

"I see you've been doing good since the death of your owner, huh?" He smirked, playing around with the knife.

I'm not sure whether it was the fear that was awakened from the memories of his beatings, or the way he was standing there still looking down on me after all this time, but when he reached out to grab me by the collar, I couldn't react fast enough.

Grasping his hands with all my strength to try and not cut off my oxygen supply, I resisted, but with his intimidating figure, there almost seemed as there was no hope. My hood fell off, giving me another wave anxiety and panic as I was simply struggling in the air to get away like a small helpless prey.

"After you gave him to the police, it has been really good for ya, hasn't it, huh?!" The man's voice got more and more aggressive with each minute and with one good swing of a fist in the face, I was back on the ground, coughing from the pain in my throat and face.

I had to flee. I did not have the power to attack. I had to get away as fast as possible.

As Fredrick was opening his mouth to speak once again, I used it as the perfect opportunity to attack and launched a hook right at his arm holding a knife, going through his bone. After recalling the hook immediately, I booked it. With a loud whistle I caught my horse's attention and ran towards it.

"I WILL GET YOU ONE DAY, (Y/N)." despite all of the pain he felt, I could still hear the man scream. "I WILL MAKE YOU REGRET LIVING."

I tried my best not to look back, my heart almost ready to jump out my throat as it was beating as hard as it could. I ordered beauty to run as fast I could, until the village could not be seen again. Only when I put the horse in the stables and loudly shut the doors behind my back, finally safely cutting off the any chance of him seeing me, my legs gave out.

I fell to the ground, curling up into a ball, trying my best to stop the shivering.

Please come back already.

The stinging on my cheek only got worse as tears silently reached the bruise.

Levi, please.

They've found me again.