26.

[ Author's note ]

Soooo hi there! :3
As many of you have noticed, this book has been on a hiatus for a loooong time.
And that is mainly because I've been busy with irl life stuff and got writer's block :')
I was not sure whether what I have written was right and it was truly the direction I wanted the story to go in.
But ya know what... Fuck it. I'm bringing this book back from the dead.
The updates will not be fast, maybe coming once a week or two weeks, but I will do my best to not go back to hiatus.
Thank you so much everyone for giving this book so much love. Reading the comments has been my biggest entertainment LOL
I hope you enjoy the incoming continuation of the story just as much <3
Okay that's it, I'm out, love yall!

-KannaTheCookie

---------

"(Y/N)."  A soft whisper reaches my ears. My mothers face looks tired, her cheekbones hollow, eyes red from tears. "My little (Y/n), you must not forget what I told you, okay? "

As soon as I register who's talking, I feel myself want to burst out her calling, desperately clasping her hands that warm my cheeks, but not a sound leaves my lungs.

"(Y/n) never forget who you are." I feel her hands slip away and she starts slowly fading into the dark void behind her. I could not care less about what she was saying, every sound of her voice sending shivers down my spine, but every cell in my body screams to catch her.

NO, DON'T LEAVE-..

I manage to catch her wrist, desperately clinging as to not be abandoned.. again.

..Please...

But even when I try to scream not a single word reaches her as suddenly my hand closes, her wrist having disappeared from my grasp. And once again, she's gone.

Nothing but the dark void hugs my body as one last loud echo tears at my brain.

"Now wake up."

I gasp for air and quickly sit up, feeling cold sweat drip down my face.

Just what was that?

A dream? A memory? 

I take a deep breath and blow it out in attempt to calm my shaking body. It's been so long since I've seen my mother's face. Whenever I had nightmares, I would forget it quite quickly, but this dream stayed especially vivid in my head.

I look around trying to understand where I am, and this is where I spot another person right beside me. Soundly sleeping here he lays, couple of dark locks fallen on his eyes. His peaceful expression helps me calm down as I notice that we're holding hands. My stubbornness must've not let him get away after I fell asleep.

I smile slightly as I slowly move my hand away from Levi's and brush the hair from his face. It was still dark, sun only starting to rise, but I didn't want to sleep anymore. Not after being messed with like that by my own imagination. Not wanting to wake Levi up, I decide to stay in the bed for longer. 

Both of us are still in our yesterday's full attire so my stubbornness theory seems to be correct. I lay back down, facing him, as he slightly shuffles, his empty hand closing as if checking where I am. And so I put my hand back in his and he immediately calms down, grasping it slightly stronger than before. A soft smile appears of my face.

Levi looks so peaceful, his slow breathing making him look so defenceless. He seems so innocent that it almost makes me feel bad for the bruise on his left side on the face that I gifted him yesterday. I lay next to him, observing his face for a good hour as morning sunshine starts to slowly creep onto his eyelids. Levi's eyelashes waver, and finally light grey eyes start to reveal themselves.