21.

Loud.

The crowd woos once again after seeing a new item on display. Be it jewels, a rare animal's fur, or even a simple ancient box with golden engraving - it seemed as if almost anything would make them excited at this point. 

And when excitement did die down after some boring items, they would bring out something rather unusual or even shocking to catch everyone's attention once again. It made me sick watching them from above.

I had to keep a close eye on everything that was displayed - in case something went not according to plan. And so I had no excuse in looking away from what was presented. Seeing a huge crowd of aristocrats covered in gems, expensive silks and golden jewellery fight over even more of such stuff, or even more outrageous products such as remaining pieces of graves of some generals from the pasts and droplets of  blood from beautiful saintess, made me sick to my stomach.

Seeing slaves was the worst. Young children called unique and sold for millions into torture for having white strands of hair amongst black, having different eyes or even just beautiful faces. I wanted to crush every skull of the people who fought for them.

However, I couldn't barge in. It would cause chaos, make this place shut down and ruin my plan. And so I sat patiently. Watching every poor soul be sold into slavery. It took me every drop of strength to restrain myself.

But all I could do was promise the Lord to find them again and bring them out. If this mission is successful, I'll have more power as a secret agent and will be able to request a separate investigation from Erwin.

For that to happen, I need to be successful.

This mission was all on me as Raven's people only helped me get into this base without being noticed. It was my responsibility to run away with a successful outcome.

It wasn't that difficult finding a place to hide here as the main room where the auction was happening was an old ballroom. Such places were made with many log-based frames to ensure its safety and it made a perfect hiding spot.

I stayed silent, not moving an inch for around an hour. That was when the starting auction had completed and the main attraction was about to go into play. Only nobles of higher status were able to attend the second phase of these types of auctions.

Now was the time for my play.

As the participants were more noble and, therefore, the sellers were more cautious about their safety, the stations for the guards changed. It was now more focused on the inside of the ballroom, rather than the outside. Every family received four guards each out of respect and it was simply ideal for a stealth mission.

I slipped out to the corridors and with slow movements took out the biggest chain I had in my bag. The loss of weight made me feel free as I slowly blocked off the only entrance to this place. Seriously, what were they thinking choosing this for their grand auction. Pathetic safety regulations.

I take my time with this part as the doors were old-fashioned and could creak at the slightest movement. But after good fifteen minutes of suffering my work was complete.

I sealed off the edges and the middle with metal bars, that I had built to be foldable, and glue just in case, as I couldn't completely trust the chain to hold these doors - the wood was simply too old. I couldn't push the furniture in front as it would make too much sound so this was my best bet.

Feeling sweat drip down my face from this tense atmosphere, I quickly jump back up on the upper building's framework and start moving towards the entrances of the more hidden areas of the mansion. After discussing it with Raven, we both agreed that this would be the best hiding place for such information. That is, if Fredrick was aware of it being located here.