16.

I quickly went into the kitchen, taking out the fresh bread and potatoes and putting them into bigger bowls so that I can bring as many as I could and started to put serve all on the tables.

"Thank you.. (y/n)" I heard many silent words of appreciation from the cadets as they slowly started digging into the food. I asked each table who was going to drink the tea and many were up for that.

I knew that right now they needed a good night's sleep and so I made this tea with a good pinch of sleeping and relaxing herbs. I felt privileged to have the opportunity to take care of them all. It made me feel some warmth in my heart. Finally, I had the ability to give others something I could never have.

I was the most nervous bringing the food to the table where my friends were seated. I put a big bowl of food in front of them, feeling my hands slightly tremble both out of anxiety and my body being exhausted. Before any of them could speak up, I took my turn.

"I'm glad all of you made it safely back." I silently said, patting Krista's head. Many couldn't look back at me as tears formed in their eyes. "Tea anyone?"

Krista, Ymir, Armin and Mikasa nodded and so I readied myself to leave their table, but a hand caught my wrist.

"You don't look that well, you're as white as a sheet of paper, (y/n)." Armin is the one who stopped me. I sighed, turning back to him and sitting down to meet him at the eye-level.

"Just look who's talking." I fired back with a pathetic laughter and ruffle his hair. "For now take care of yourselves. Tomorrow we'll talk."

And with that I left the room back into the kitchen where some cadets were already bringing out the hot cauldrons for the baths. They stopped mid-track as if waiting to get scolded, but I just waved for them to move faster as these hot objects can be dangerous out in the open.

It took me good three runs with full trays to bring everyone enough tea. My last planned work being handing out some blankets more for consolation purposes than warmth, I felt completely worn out.

When I was just about to take a seat for good, some cadets come back with empty cauldrons and I knew immediately that there is more hot water needed.

"So be it, they worked hard enough to deserve a good bath." I sighed, deciding to skip my break, and took two buckets with me outside to get some fresh cold water from the well.

I felt tired, my eyes ready to also close for the day - inhaling the smell of sleeping herbs probably worsened my state - but I still pushed through. With the last boost of energy I could gather within, I made it back up the mountain and filled one cauldron.

"That should be enough." As I said that, I finally felt myself reach the limit. Almost as if my body took my works as a sign to shut down, I wavered. I was about to lose my balance, when I could feel my back collide with someone's muscly chest.

"You look like you're the one who were out there fighting titans, not us." I immediately recognized his voice and with a small puff of air, my last amount strength vanished as my legs gave out. "Oi, brat, what do you think you're doing."

Levi quickly caught my falling body. I looked up, meeting his grey diamonds. It had been so long since I last saw them. I could tell that another verbal attack was coming from him, when he stopped, his eyes widening from the shock of the sight right in front of him. Ah, so he caught me.

I could feel him sigh as he picked me up more comfortably - as the books described, in bridal style.

"I told you not to do anything dumb, you idiot." He started walking through the dinning room into the corridors and up the stairs.