4.

Levi P.O.V.

A knock on the door once again interrupted my tea drinking time. I had Erwin, Eren and Armin already come in to talk about (y/n). That wild girl is really getting on my nerves.

"State your name and business." I say bluntly, already guessing who's coming in next.

"It's Hanji. I want to talk about (y/n)."

I can't help but sigh. "I've heard enough about her for today. Leave me alone."

I hear the door open despite my statement and look up to see the four-eyed freak. Harsh names were about to leave my lips, when I saw her face expression. It was pure concentration, dedication burning in her eyes.

"Sit." I furrow my eyebrows and Hanji does as told. This is weird. Since when does she actually listen to me? "So as I understand from your unexpected entrance you actually have something important to say?"

"Indeed." She nods and crosses her legs, leaning forward.

I rest my head on a hand and put down my cup of tea on the desk. "Go on then."

"I've been asking around ever since (y/n) appeared about her family. You know, the ones with animal ears a tail-"

"A cat. Yes, four-eyes, I'm not an idiot." I lean back at my chair and cross my arms. Hanji fixes her glasses and clears her throat.

"I sent a couple of my people to the Underground and got some information I actually am not sure if I wanted, now that I have a glimpse about her family." I raise my eyebrows, waiting for her to continue. "It appears (Y/n)'s family was supposed to be extinct a hundred years ago."

"How come?" I furrow my eyebrows and lean forward, staring at Hanji. She doesn't look confused. More disturbed than confused, actually.

"They were hunted down by hunters. There was even a competition who would bring back more fangs." She stopped to take her time. "So the whole family moved Underground. But the last standing were caught and thrown over walls to the titans."

"So how in the hell did (y/n) survive?" This doesn't make sense. Hanji puts her hands on her head and shakes it.

"I don't know, honestly." She threw her hands in the air. "I questioned everyone living next to where we found her, even some criminals, who knew the robber we followed. No one even knew that people like (y/n) existed!"

"Well if what you say is true, they should have been extinct for more than one hundred years. So it makes sense they don't know them." I shrug.

"I know." Hanji collapsed in her seat. I stay silent. "What are you going to do with her?"

"Erwin ordered an immediate restriction. She's in her cell now." I shrug my shoulders and run my hands through dark hair. "Did you get any information about her people? Behaviour, skills, anything?"

"I found a few old documents. I'll tell my people to bring them to you if you want." Hanji sighed.

I nodded. What am I supposed to do? (y/n) currently is the only known individual of her kind to be alive. I can't let her out or she might get into trouble. 

I growl, running my hands over my face. "I'll keep her in the cell until I reach any decision."

"I'll try to question some people in the Military police. Maybe I'll find a needle in the haystack." Hanji got up, walking up to the door. "I'll keep you posted." 

I hear the door shut. My tea is already cold so I don't even bother touching the cup. I take some files out a drawer and get my pen ready.

"That brat really is a weird one."