19.

"Hello my Beauty!" I exclaimed energetically, receiving a loud snort from a light grey horse. After everyone came back and saw that we had two new horses it was decided that one would be used in expeditions and the other one would be assigned to me as I had already developed a warm relationship with her.

Since even the thieves admitted that this horse was nameless, I gave her the new nickname that I had been using all the time.

"I still can't believe that you named her Beauty." Jean exclaimed, getting the other horses ready.

"Are you complaining, Jean?" It took me one stern look to make the blondie shut up. "Seems like you're lacking work as you have time for useless remarks."

"No ma'am. I apologize ma'am." He immediately corrected himself, bowed and hurried away. It was nice to finally be able to shut him down. 

This base's management was my work as well since Levi assigned it to me after seeing how I kept this place clean during their expedition. And that gifted me even more authority over the cadets as Levi's right hand. Management and trust satisfied me and having another person take over this work eased Levi's workload. It was a win-win situation.

After putting on a saddle on Beauty I jumped onto her, patting her neck and grasping the reigns. Now I was ready for travel. I had my full gear on that had new improvements on the mechanisms and was awaiting command to move out.

"Ready?" Levi, riding a dark horse, appeared next to me. I notice only Mikasa, Armin and Eren nervously joining us.

"Whenever you are." I nodded, simply concluding that it was an even riskier mission as it only involved them.

And so we moved out. I put on my tight scarf-like head cover to hide my ears and put my hood up.

Now the game begins.

<><><><><>

Waiting for everyone to finish their meeting in the other room left me restless. The heated discussion could be easily heard behind the door where I took place, but I didn't dare listen in.

If there is Armin, Levi and Erwin, the mission will be a success. There was no doubt in my mind about it.

"(Y/n), Erwin is asking for you." Mikasa said, finally coming out. I nodded waiting for them to free the room to talk with the commander one on one, but seeing Eren's and Armin's facial expressions made me stop in my place.

Now that I looked closely, I could tell that even Mikasa seemed tense. Something serious must have happened to be discussed during their meeting.

Not having the time to be concerned with them, I finally entered the run-down office. The location of our meetings was different than before. This time we were in unofficial barracks disguising this meet-up as a simple evening with beer.

I shut the door silently behind myself and saluted to Erwin, taking off my hood out of respect.

"I'm guessing you know already that I need you for a mission, (Y/n)." Erwin was slowly looking through the documents on his desk. His tense blue eyes exploring every line, gave me the creeps. Even after all this time I still couldn't tolerate this man.

"Assassination or information gathering, which one is it?" I took a seat in a chair on the opposite side of the table and made myself comfortable, putting one leg on another. Erwin slowly observed my movements with the corner of his eye.

"The latter." He put down the papers and intertwined his fingers together, gracefully leaning over the desk.

"But there will be killing involved." I furrowed my brows.