𝐗𝐗. pity party

A WHOLE WEEK SINCE I'd waken up, and I had yet to remember much

Living with the Cullen's, I found myself playing the role of the stranger. My mind sat dormant in the shell of some girl, who I was too scared to look at in mirrors. My life turned out to be a tragic comedy, filled with pathetic moping and animal blood. Safe to say, my immortal life wasn't starting off on a great foot.

I came to terms with the fact I was starting anew. My memories were bound to come back, but I had no idea at what rate or how many. According to Carlisle, it was entirely circumstantial, but he didn't sound too confident.

It was a crisp spring morning, with a gentle breeze and sparse showers.  The rain was warm, the kind you'd feel during a summer downpour. I let the light droplets hit me, enjoying the serenity of the quiet forest around me. A mug of tea sat in my hands as I stood, silent. To be surrounded by such peaceful scenery was a gift, vampire or human.

"...enjoying your tea?"

Before I could think I felt myself move across the patio, putting as much distance between me and the voice as possible. No doubt if I had a heartbeat, it would've been racing.

"I-I didn't mean to scare you, I'm sorry,"

My sights locked onto the hulking figure in the near distance, relief immediately washing over me.

"You're fine, I'm sorry. I don't know why I, ya know," I fumbled for words, "panic, so bad."

Emmett chuckled, the deepness of his voice reverberating in the soles of my feet. My senses were practically tingling after his sudden appearance.

"I scared you, and you're apologizing?"

He slowly began to approach me, each step more tentative than the last. A part of me felt cornered, but I had to scold those dark thoughts — I wasn't in danger.

"I-I guess I'm a bit of a spazz lately, I dunno," I stared down at the mug in my hand, entranced by nothing in particular.

I couldn't meet his gaze for the life of me.

"Ah, nobody blames ya," he hummed, suddenly turning to lean over the railing. He looked off into the distance, allowing me a good view of his side profile. He was chiseled, like his family, but more so. His jawline could cut glass, I was sure of it.

"You've all been so patient. I'm grateful."

I moved to stand next to him, both of us facing the forest. Still, I could see through my peripheral as he smiled, his tall form slouching even more. It was subtle but endearing. Like he wanted to be closer.

"It's... you know, it's kind of our fault you're in this situation anyway," his words came out slow, nervous.

I'd learned about what happened through bits and pieces, but I could only feel indifference towards everything. If I had no memories of before, there was nothing to be sad over.