𝐕𝐈𝐈. rule breaker

COMING HOME THAT NIGHT, I felt like I'd been walking in a daze

      COMING HOME THAT NIGHT, I felt like I'd been walking in a daze. I was glad that I had gone to La Push, but couldn't deny that I'd left with new questions that plagued my mind. The Cullens were everywhere, yet nowhere at the same time. I wished I could just walk straight up to them, and demand to know what was going on.

      But, I couldn't. I wouldn't. I had zero ideas what Rosalie would do to me if I did. Not to mention, there always was the possibility that I was freaking out over nothing. The Cullens hadn't done anything outrageous, after all. They were just... private.

      Insanely beautiful, golden-eyed, private people.

      As I settled into bed, I closed my eyes with a sigh. Even now, in the dead of night, my mind wouldn't shut up about them. I knew I wouldn't be able to hold myself back much longer – it had been over a month, and I'd tried my hardest to mind my own business. I had even kept my distance, not even so much as breathing in the Cullens' direction. Well, excluding my stare-off with Emmett, and my short-lived conversation with Edward on Friday.

      I was approaching my wit's end.

      Things couldn't stay like this forever. It was becoming very clear to me that my curiosity regarding the family wasn't going anywhere, anytime soon. Rosalie's words were growing less and less intimidating, as my hunger for answers began to outweigh my fear for her.

      It was time to find out what in the hell made the Cullens so elusive.

      Before I could talk myself out of my makeshift plan, I sat up in bed. My hand darted for my phone, flipping it open quickly. I speedily typed in the contact name of the person I knew could fill me in on everything:

      Bella Swan

      Taking one last look at the name, I hit the call button, holding the phone up to my ear with bated breath. It was half-past nine, not too late, but late enough. I prayed she was still awake.

      "Hello?"

      A fire started in me upon hearing Bella's voice, and I responded instantly.

      "Hey, Bella. Sorry for calling super late, but, um... Daylin's gonna be at the station 'til god knows when, and I'm kinda freaked out. Could I maybe come, I don't know, spend the night?"

      I hoped that my request didn't seem too weird. I needed to talk about everything in person, but didn't want to scare Bella off too soon.

      "Um, yeah. Sure. Charlie's working late too, but I'm sure he wouldn't mind. Do you need a ride, or–?"

      "No, I'll call a cab – text me your address. See you in twenty," I hung up seconds later, my eyes darting around the room as I began to pack an overnight bag. I didn't think about the consequences of what I was doing. Not as I called a taxi, or even when I got into the car. I refused to think. Thinking is what had driven me so crazy. Now was the time for action.