𝐕𝐈. just a legend

FOR THE NEXT MONTH, I managed to avoid the Cullens

      Rosalie stayed glaring at me, a consistent warning to stay away. And, I listened.

      Eventually, I was able to attend Bella and I's little library sessions again, without the dying need to ask questions about the family. I had grown closer to Angela as well; we had a lot in common. 

      There was no doubt that Bella was my closest friend, though. She always understood where I was coming from. We talked about everything: about her parents, how they divorced when she was young, and how she had moved to Forks to live with her dad. We'd even talked about how my mother had died, and my dad had never been around. I appreciated that we were able to talk about everything.

      Well, not everything though, of course.

      I wanted to talk about the Cullens, about how Emmett had followed after me that late October day and complimented my eyes. About how he was always staring at me, with a certain look in his own that I couldn't pinpoint.

      But, I had to ignore them. I had to ignore him.

      November passed quickly, and it was obvious that everyone was jittery thanks to the upcoming holidays. Snow was already beginning to fall, and it was only the third day of December.

      Looking out of my bedroom window, I put off getting out of bed. I needed to get ready for school, but the sight of the descending snowflakes was enough to distract me.

      I found myself growing lost in thought until a loud knock on my door grabbed my attention.

      "Up and at 'em, kiddo. Breakfast is almost ready," Daylin's voice called through the door, slightly muffled.

      I blinked once, and then twice, before slowly sitting up with a sigh. I got ready, making sure not to take too long. It didn't take long for me to be downstairs, eating breakfast with my older brother.

      "So, any plans for the weekend?"

      I looked up from my scrambled eggs, giving him a small shrug in response.

      "Not yet. I'll figure out something to do though," I trailed off, giving him a reassuring smile as I continued to eat. Daylin nodded at this, pursing his lips.

      "Will you? I... I'm worried about you, Eve. You never go anywhere on the weekends. I mean, I know I can be protective, but that doesn't mean I don't want you to have a life. Go out, shop, see a movie, just... don't sit in your room anymore. I hate comin' home, seeing you all by yourself..."

      I stared at him, my face falling as he expressed his worries. I knew he'd said a few times that he wished I'd go out more, but I didn't think it was too serious.

      "I'll go out, I promise."

      "Good," he grinned.

      After thar, we made our way to Forks High School, a pleasant silence falling over us. I was deep in thought, wondering what I'd get up to over the weekend. I could always ask to study with Angela or go see a movie. Maybe Bella and I could hang out.