𝐈𝐈𝐈. a test

THE WEEKEND COULDN'T come soon enough for me

      THE WEEKEND COULDN'T come soon enough for me. My days had been filled with classes that I didn't quite care about, and people that didn't actually know me. The only thing I ever really looked forward to was my talks with Bella in the library, which had become a ritual thing.

      I often asked about Edward, the handsome boy that Bella seemed over the moon with. My suspicions were correct, for Bella was more than enamored with the Cullen boy. It made me happy to see her so content with life. A loving boyfriend, caring father, great friends... Bella seemingly had it all, and she knew it. She was thankful and humble, which was refreshing for me. Unfortunately, I made the mistake of befriending people I didn't have much in common with.

      When Friday rolled around, something felt off. In fact, something had felt off since Wednesday. I hadn't been able to pinpoint what it was. That was until I was sitting in lunch, my eyes unconsciously drifting over to the Cullen's. I'd been doing this accidentally throughout the week. Looking at the family, that off feeling finally made sense.

      The burliest of the bunch, Emmett Cullen himself, hadn't been there since Tuesday.

      It was odd, especially since I was just now realizing this. What had kept my curiosity at bay this long? For some unknown reason, the previous times I had stared at the party, I had felt nothing but a blasé sort of neutrality.

     Suddenly, the blonde one - Jasper, I think it was - whipped his head up at me. We made immediate eye contact, almost as if he had known I'd been staring. I grew embarrassed, quickly looking away to avoid further humiliation. He had looked so... defensive, as if I'd been attempting to threaten him. Before I could even process all of this though, my body eased.

      The anxiety that had filled me swept away, leaving nothing but calmness in its absence. I sighed, confused at not only my emotions, but how they had changed so fast. What was going on? How had Jasper stared right back at me, all the way across the cafeteria? I tried shaking it off, I'd been pretty tired lately. I was just overwhelmed from my first week, that was all.

      Still, where was Emmett Cullen?

༻༺

     After school, I exited the building and slowly walked down the steps. I knew my brother would arrive soon to pick me up, I just had to wait a few minutes.

     But, fate seemed to have a different plan in store for me.

      Five minutes turned into ten, and ten turned into fifteen. I looked at my watch, letting out a pouty huff. Daylin hadn't been late all week.

      I was so caught up in my dilemma that I didn't even realize Bella approach me. Even so, as soon as I felt a tap on my shoulder, I was pulled from my thoughts and turned to see the slightly taller brunette.