Chapter One : A New Beginning

Why hello fellow reader,

This is the start of the reworked chapters of "A Little Bonely (Sans x Reader)", starting from here! I did question if I should keep the old chapters for nostalgia's sake, or just make a new book but I'm afraid some people won't find the new book. However, the new chapters will be first in the table of contents. Just in case you'd like to relive your cringey nostalgia (trust me, I feel that too), You can find them after the new chapters.

There are quite a few new readers, so this introduction might be confusing. I created this back in 2016 (I think). Although I lost my way and never returned to continue the book. Due to the never-ending support you guys have given me, I've decided that I will put that endless wait to rest and finally complete this story. But why not just finish it now and not spend time and effort on the old chapters? Well, I feel re-writing it would give you guys a more satisfying end than just randomly picking up where I left off. It has been years. And most of us have changed as people. Don't worry, the core will still be there.

I'm sorry if this wasn't what you were looking forward to. I shall not keep you from this any longer. I hope you enjoy this blast from the past!

(y/n) : your name

========================

The sound of papers sliding against each other while you flipped them was the only sound that echoed in the empty bookstore, only to be interrupted by somebody saying your name. "Hey (y/n)". The bookstore owner greeted you as she restocked some books nearby. It was a small shop, a mini library. You smiled politely, her warm face always welcomes you here. You were a bit of a bookworm, for monster books of course. Something in you appealed to the legends.  Well, not legends anymore. But something inside you drove an underappreciated fascination for these monsters. 

You remember the day the news of monsters shook the world. The history was old. Very old. And was lost in time. Monsters were nothing more than a myth. Just a legend to keep the children away from Mt. Ebott. The mountain just outside the outskirts of the shabby town you lived in. 

5 YEARS AGO ________(yea uh, i'm making it a lot further before because...um...we...are older...too???)

"Breaking news! Legends come to life. Monsters have resurfaced once again." The tv you kept on as ambience to an otherwise quiet and lonely house has caught your attention. "That's right. The legends of monsters from stories lost in time have proven to be nothing but reality. It is said that eons ago, a great war befell mankind and monsterkind, resulting in the monsters being locked up in the infamous mountain. But today. A young orphan girl who ran away from Grace Orphanage named Frisk Auldrin (yes I'm keeping this) has emerged from the mountain with unlikely company. We turn to John in the field with a live interview with this young girl. John?" 

The news cut to a man standing in the scorching sun. "Thank you Diana. Here we are with this remarkable girl who managed to free a forgotten race from the past." The man began. His words sounded supportive, but his demeanor said otherwise. Tense, and fearful. I guess you couldn't blame him. He took a step to the side, revealing a ragtag group of monsters talking amongst themselves. With a human child near them who waved enthusiastically to the camera. They had short brown hair with bangs covering their eyes, a battered blue t-shirt with a purple stripe across it's center and jean shorts. They were covered in scrapes and bruises, some of which were crudely covered in various colors of cloth. Looks like she was taken care of. Nobody that young could achieve such a feat alone. Part of you would've thought this wasn't real, until that visual was shown.

 You could hear a distant shriek. Maybe they're watching the news too, or maybe that was unfortunate timing. This "John" man walked forward, only to realize the cameraman wasn't following him. He glared and jerked his microphone to the direction of where Frisk stood. And the cameraman followed suit. He nodded to the monsters, heights ranging from gigantic to little and squatted down to the girl, assuming to be Frisk. He then proceeded to ask question after question, which they answered with a series of hand signals. The man went silent, not sure what to make of it when Frisk turned and tugged on the clothes of one of the monsters. Her voice was gentle and kind. A monster that had resembled a goat. She answered for Frisk as they nodded vigorously with every word this monster said.