T H I R T Y F O U R

Gaster placed his hand against your back lightly guiding you through the maze of rusty cells and devices you fear to ask about. What does he mean by he can help you remember. Sounds really vague. The further you went in, the larger the nervousness in your stomach began to grow. You briefly looked back. Sans wasn't by your side. But it would make it you feel so much more calmer if he was. He was trailing you and Gaster, in his own thoughts. He seemed troubled. That's not comforting. You wanted to break away from Gaster and see what was wrong with him but you were too scared to break away. You turned back and bit your lip as he led you further into the lab until you reached a shady hallway. The only thing lighting your way was the dim shine from the other end. You retaliated a little, pressing against Gaster's hand, which he responded with a light nudge and a low chuckle. As you neared the end, your mind raced with possible things on the other side, very focused on the idea of some sort of torture.

You held your breath as you were a few steps away to the reveal.

A large room with a lone metal table like those from a morgue that they would use to dress a corpse, with a device of sorts that had wires attached to it. A small table beside it with tools dispersed messily across it. And at the back was a strange device with a few buttons on it. Large tubes connected to what seems to be a power box. You stiffened "Oh my God its a torture chamber!" you let out once you saw what was going on. The pitter patter of footsteps echoed closer from behind you. It was sans. When he heard what you said, he rushed over. Gaster shook his head in desperation, shushing you. Seeing what you saw, he positioned himself infront of you,defensive.

A distorted bark was heard from somewhere in the room. When the three of you heard it, Gaster rubbed his temples in frustration as you and sans were glomped by a large blob of jelly. And weirdly enough, the blob was... Licking you? The residue was white and seemed to evaporate almost instantly. You tried to struggle out of the heavy blob on top of you.

A short whistle echoed through the walls and the weight was lifted from your bodies. "an almagamite?" Sans asked as he was getting up onto his feet. Sans turned to you and offered a hand to help you up. You took it. The blob was leaning heavily into Gaster, rubbing itself all over him. You got a closer look to what it looked like, and it was admittedly, terrifying. It's face, or what you thought was it's face, was a dark abyss, melting slightly, white goo dripping from it. The head was attached to a large body with multiple legs which were distorted in a way that the spaces between them looked like a silhouette of dogs. And it's back had a little nub which was shaking vigorously as it began to overwhelm Gaster.

"so you've been doing experiments on them then? i thought they were with their families?" Sans raised his voice, enraged. "If they were, this one must have lost his way" Gaster said as he rubbed his hand against the top of the tiny head. "When I got here, the place was filled was the residue of the others but only one stayed here. It must've been too used to this place. Hounds always know their way home" Gaster began to explain as he moved his hands to it's belly, it rolling on it's back. "Though I was curious as to what they were" He shrugged. Sans wasn't so happy about that. It seemed that sans had a deeper connection towards this. You heard sans growling lowly at him as Gaster gave him a smirk.

As you stared at the glob right infront of you, you asked out loud "What is that?" Your voice quivering with a hint of fear. It looked wrong... Sans turned to you, suprised. Guess he didn't expect you to ask that question. "I called them "deliqueres". But sans seems to have another name for them" Gaster answered with a sly glance to sans, who seemed to soften his demeanor in defeat. He turned to you glanced at your terrified face and looked away in pain. "amalgamate" he softly whispered. You turned to him, with his head down is shame. "wh-what?" you asked. He closed his eyes, preparing himself for your reaction. Gaster just stared at what's happening with the blob doing the same. "amalgamate" he repeated, louder now. "experiments" he continued. "back when there seemed to have no hope of escape, monsters were infused with determination and..." he paused. "they became amalgamates" he finished. Your eyes widen as he told you what they were. Monsters? Plural? All became amalgamates? You looked at sans who was avoiding eye contact. You hugged him, he seems personally affected by this event. Could it be that he knew someone who became an amalgamate? or maybe something else?