T H I R T Y T W O

You weakly sighed to yourself as you fought the weariness in your eyes. Taking a deep breath slowly, you opened your eyes ever so slightly to take in your environment. Last you remember was darkness. The room you were in was barely lit and the room smelled old. But the room was cold. The bed was cold. Was it even a bed? You closed your eyes and forced yourself to sit up, using your arm to bring your upper body up. Cold air brushed against your back and nape, a spike of shock traveled from your head to your toes. Slowly, you placed your fingers against your temple. It felt rough. How did you get that scar? Your brain wouldn't allow you to remember. Trauma, probably. Another deep sigh escaped your lips as you felt a cold thin cloth drape down to your knees.

You opened your eyes to get a better look at your surroundings, but it was still too dark. And then brightness overflowed the place. You turned away, shielding your squinted eyes with your hand. "delighted to see you awake" a familiar calming voice came from some where in the room. You tried to get your eyes used to the light by blinking a few times. "Sans?" you asked as you scanned the room for his short figure. The sound of slippers shifting closer to you echoed through the room. A bony hand slithered it's way into yours and there you saw those white lights in those empty sockets accompanied by that famous grin. "lighten up will ya?" he joked before he was welcomed by a warm hug. You chuckled softly as he returned the warmth. "how ya feelin'?" he asked as he pulled away from you, hands on your shoulders and concern written all over.

You rubbed your eye as you looked back at him. "What happened?", you glanced behind him. "Where am I?" you asked. You began to realize what was going on. This wasn't a hospital. It seemed like a cellar. The bed you were on was just a mattress on the steel cold floor. However, you were wearing a hospital gown. "do you not remember what happened?" sans asked as he shifted your gaze to meet his. You thought hard. What happened? You frowned as you tried to remember. "All I remember was..." you trailed off before scrambling for your locket. With a press of a button, the crumpled photograph fell out. Without hesitation, you picked it up and uncrumpled it. You stared at the photo in disbelief. "So it is true..." you mumbled to yourself as your eyes began to fog up with tears.

sans perked up with curiosity. Peaking in to see what you saw, but when he did, his demeanor changed. His eyes shifted to that blue hue and he backed away from you, an arm unknowingly lifted in a protective fashion. You looked up at him and he, you. "s-sans?" you questioned as he stared at you like that. "sans I didn't know about this" you attempted to explain as he stared at you like that. "sans...please" you begged but he did not budge. Your eyes began to tear more. You were not sure what exactly Chara did through the timelines but you knew she did something wrong. Something to make him react this way.

You lifted your hand to try and comfort sans only to have a loud bang interrupted the moment, breaking sans out of the trance. A tall figure in a white turtle neck and a black coat walked in. "Gaster?" you questioned as he faced you. He smiled and nodded at you. His appearance seems better, however, the cracks from his mouth to his chin and eye to his forehead were still distinct. "Glad to see you well" Gaster greeted. You looked at sans, obviously lost in his thoughts. You called for sans but he got up and walked away, standing on the other end of the room. You felt guilt build up. Gaster cleared his throat and walked over to you, sitting where sans was a few seconds ago. "I'm guessing you don't remember what happened" . You nodded. Gaster shifted your hair behind your ears softly, exposing the scar at the side of your head. You glanced over to where sans was, realizing that he was frowning at you. You looked away, feeling guilt once again.

Gaster leaned closer to the side of your face, caressing the scar before pressing lightly against it. You winced in pain, your vision blurred for a split second. You jolted away from Gaster, looking at him with confusion. "Wh-What did you do?" you asked as you rubbed against the scar. "Ever heard of electroconvulsive therapy?" Gaster asked. You stared at him, still curious as to what he did. "It uses electricity to cause seizures to cure some problems. However, when done wrongly, it may cause many side effects, including memory loss" . He explained as he stood up. "Something must have triggered those lost memories. And with such pain accompanied with those memories, your brain forces you to forget through those similar seizures" . "How... do you know about such things?" You asked. Gaster hesitated for a second before sans budged in.