T H I R T Y T H R E E

"Every human fears those stronger than them. And fear makes them do bad things.
Lie
Steal
Cheat
Kill
Just to feel safe from the strong. But what they don't know is that they have become what they fear. And so the cycle repeats"

---------------
Sans p.o.v
---------------

A soft voice echoed behind me. A soft eerie voice. The sight of y/n clutching a picture of her family, with her in it took me by surprise. How can someone like y/n be related to a heartless bitch like Chara.

"I'm no heartless bitch" chara's voice was heard loud and clear. I stood up and whisked around, only to take a step back from the change of the surroundings. The bright cellar room became nothing but an endless void, only to see chara's smug face basking in the brightness of her soul. Her soul was wilted, large patches of red swishing around the partially empty soul. It was obvious that determination was being added one drop after another. Y/n's determination.

"where's y/n" I growled at her. She just smiled wider. "Aww sans don't be so grumpy" she said as she pouted her lips. I clenched my fist and summoned a gaster blaster. But nothing happened. I stared at my hands in surprise, with chara snickering to herself as a response. "You're a real comedian sans" chara said. "You can't use magic here. We're just having a chat. Soul to soul" she continued,pointing her soul to mine. "where's y-" "Y/n is fiiiiine, she's with your physical body" chara interrupted me, flicking her arm at me, telling me to just forget about it. I'm skeptical. "fine. if it's a talk you want, then talk" I said, crossing my arms.

She sighed. "I've come so far for this. You have no idea how many timelines I had to go through just to get to this one.". "you mean timelines you ruined? Through murder?" I tightened my grips around my arms in anger. Chara shrugged. "Genocide's a faster route" she simply said. I scoffed and looked away. "But no, I realised that being a pacifist was the only way I could get to her." She continued. "you mean destroy her? your corruption is ending her. you're killing perhaps the only person who might still care for you!" I snapped. I never really told anyone this. And perhaps I've been hiding this from myself with denial. But the fact that y/n is slowly wilting away by the hands of this demon and all I can do is watch tears me to shreds.

Chara looked at me in shock. For once, the smile faded and her eyes showed some emotion. Something that has never happened before. Did she not know? I shrugged it off. No amount of emotion can make me forgive her for doing something so horrible. For killing my brother. For killing my lover.

"You're wrong. I'm not killing her". She said in a soft voice, almost like a whisper. And for once, Chara almost seemed human. Chara's eyes we're full of mixed emotions. Almost looking like it's filled with life. Is y/n's determination having an impact on her? Is y/n's determination really that strong?

I let out a sigh of exhaustion. I don't want to be here, I want to be with y/n. "what's so special about this timeline?" I asked. Chara stared at me with unsettling wide eyes.

"This is the only timeline y/n survived during the mob." I looked at her in confusion. "what mob?" I asked. Chara scoffed and smiled that familiar smile. "Everytime I get as far as I get out of the underground, I can't find her. I can't sense her "sans" she started. "help her remember" chara simply asked before the place began to spiral into reality.

I was welcomed back with y/n's tear stained face staring at me. I was standing on the other side of the room. How'd I get there. My mind kept repeating the so called "favour" Chara asked me. To help her remember.

Just then, Gaster said he could do just that. How conveninient. I stepped forward, protectively in front of y/n. Should I comply Chara's wishes? The only timeline y/n survived the raid. Y/n's hand was placed on my shoulder and confirmed she was okay with it. I sighed, I have a bad feeling about this.

Y/n left the room first, followed by me. But just as I left the room, Gaster stopped me with a hand to my chest. "Chara?" he asked and I nodded. Gaster paused for a moment and sighed. "Let's just comply for now. I have a feeling it will end this". Gaster walked off. "Either good or badly" said before he walked off to lead y/n around. I watched him as he walked off. I frowned to myself before following behind.

"i'm guessing you're joining us?" I spoke out to the person standing behind me. I turned around. "but if you hurt her so help me i will end this timeline" I threatened before stomping off to join the others.

=======================

Guys sorry for short chapter. I've been working non stop these days and This is the first off ive gotten in a while. I hope you guys understand