O N E

THIS IS MY FIRST FANFICTION. And a Xreader? Yes. Yes it is. PLEASE COMMENT IF YOU SEE ERRORS or ya know. Anything on your mind about this. Heh. Typing through the phone soooo NO JUDGING! K THX BOI
(Y/n) : your name
---------------------------------

You heard the sound of papers being moved. "Hey (y/n)" the book store owner chimed as you entered the store. You were a bit of a bookworm. For monster books of course. Ever since you learned about the monsters in school, you were just so fasinated with them. You would recite the legend before going to sleep. You thought to yourself how awful the human race was. Made you ashamed for being part of it. You even considered joining the monsters. But before you could actually carry it out, news ran through the whole world.

A YEAR AGO----------

"Breaking news. Monsters have entered the surface once again." The female newscaster's voice echoed through your empty house. You usually leave the t.v on whenever you do your daily tasks. Why? Well it made you feel a little less lonely. "After Frisk Auldren, (i dunno) aged 9, went missing a month ago, she emerged from the opening of Mount Ebott with a bunch of monsters. Apparently, the barrier has been broken and is now helping the monsters fit into the surface. Lets go to John for the live interview with Frisk Auldren. John?". She finished as they showed the live footage of John and a small girl with short hair, her fringe covering her eyes partially with a blue and purple striped T-shirt and jean shorts. She was covered in bandages and plasters. Guess the monsters took care of her. It was impossible for a 9 year old to survive in the underground alone...wasn't it? You were beaming at this news "FINALLY!" You whispered loudly at the news.

They pointed the camera at Frisk who hand signaled at the camera. You couldn't read hand signals but there were words at the bottom of the screen. You assumed it was the translations. It read "The monsters are nice creatures who took care of me when i fell. All humans have mistaken these creatures as horrible human killing machines". You smiled. Frisk was just like you. "Now we should rejoice and become united! Humans and monsters! Living together". You turned off the tv and began jumping around. "Oh my god! Finally!" You started to fangirl. You ran to your room and prepared a list of things to do.

A year passed but not much monsters have came through.

You didn't blame them. Humanity was always hesitant in accepting different things. They took a long time to accept each other. But a different species?! Now that's a whole different story. Though, you made friends with the monsters who joined you in the city. One was a monster of flames. The manager of the bar "New Grillby's". He never really spoke much. Actually, thinking back, he never said anything at all. He only communicated through nods and expressions. Another friend of your's was a kid. You didn't really knew his name so you nicknamed him "sticky face" cause he kept falling, his face sticking to the ground. He always wore the same striped shirt. He didn't have arms. He is turning 12 this year. You should start thinking of a gift to give him. And another was named "shyren". She was always shy. You two met at a concert. She and you kept singing the lyrics and after that, she just kinda...stuck to you. You didn't mind though. You enjoyed her company.

"Looking for another book eh?" The shopkeeper said. "I'm sure you know where to find them by now" she ended with a chuckle. You giggled. She flipped her newspaper and back she was, engaged in whatever news which was in there. You smiled and turned to begin walking towards your destination when you heard a low chuckle. You tried to ignore it but the sound of the store owner slaming the roll of the newspaper against the counter made it hard. Your curiosity took over and you turned. You saw a short figure swiftly run past, turning at a corner. The shop keeper sighed "Goddamn kids" you heard her cuss before going back to the newspaper. You looked down and saw a book. "NEW History of monsters", the "new" was written in light blue ink. You raised an eyebrow as you flipped through the pages. There were extra bits written in the same light blue ink. It wrote about the undergrounds. You had a copy of the book but with this additional information, you couldn't pass it off. You walked over to the counter and dug through your wallet.

"Hey, you buying this book?".You looked at the shop manager and nodded with a hum. She put her newspaper to the side and looked at the book. "Isnt this what that kid was doodling on?" She said as she grabbed the book. "How much?" You asked as you prepared to take notes out of your wallet. She smiled and slid the book over to you. "For free. Anything for my valued customer" she said. You stared at her confused. "You sure?" You asked to make sure. She nodded. "I think your the only one who wants to buy this book" she replied, leaning back on her chair and went back to reading her newspaper again. "Uhh thanks?" You said as you took the book, unsure if that was a compliment or an insult. You shrugged as you left the store, waving at the shop keeper goodbye. You sighed. You wondered what was so engaging in that newspaper of hers. You looked down at the book. You couldn't wait to read it. "Looks like your having a late night today~" you thought in a sing song manner.

----------------------------
Yea so this is it. DIDCHA ENJOY READING? BETCHA DID! haha jkjk