Chapter Forty Seven.

*The Next Week*

Saturday

6:00 p.m.

New York City, New York

Marshall looked at the time on his watch and closed down his MacBook that was resting on his desk. He stood up, brushing off his black slacks and slipped on the matching jacket that pulled the whole Tom Ford suit together. He placed his phone into his pocket and walked out of his office as the black wingtip shoes softly clicked against the marble tile through the hallway.

Paul and Carmen were standing by, conversing with one another and Paul raised his eyebrow at him.

"Haven't seen you wear a suit in years. That ain't your thing." He joked.

"Leave him be, Paul. Marshall, you look handsome." Carmen smiled.

He chuckled, "Appreciate it. Lexi's premiere is tonight, so I had to pull out all the stops."

"Well, have fun tonight. Don't forget, you got studio time tomorrow at 11:30 and you got your video shoot for The Monster with Rih on Monday." Paul reminded him.

"I got you. I'll see y'all tomorrow."

He walked out of the building and the driver opened the door for him as Marshall got into the backseat, straightening out his jacket. His bodyguard, Brick sat in the front seat and the driver rushed into his seat before pulling off onto the road. He felt his phone vibrate in his pocket and he grabbed it to see two text messages--one from Lexi and one from his "special connection".

The message from Lexi was a photo of her in a beige silk robe with her short hair perfectly fluffed and wavy on one side. Her makeup was glamorous and elegant as the golden eyeshadow sparkled on her eyelids and a dark sangria colored lipstick rested upon her lips.

Lexi (Wifey): Figured I'd give you a little sneak peek 😉

He hearted the photo and began replying back to her.

Marshall: If that's the sneak peek, I can't wait to see the full reveal 😍

He switched over to see the text from his connection.

J.M.: Been staking out and watching your missus all day. Things have been chill with her and her bodyguard

Marshall: Appreciate it. Keep it up

J.M.: No disrespect to you, but I feel a little odd. She already has somebody watching her for protection. Why am I around?

Marshall: Cause I want you to be. Antonio's a great dude and all, but he already slipped up once. That shit can't happen again

He locked his phone and sighed to himself. He knew he was wrong and he knew what he was doing came across like he didn't trust Antonio to watch after Alexis. If that was true, he would've fired him the day of Lexi's traumatic experience. But he also wasn't taking any chances. Lexi meant everything to him and he'd go to the ends of the earth to protect her by any means necessary.

Thirty minutes later, the car arrived to the hotel and Marshall opted on staying inside of the blacked out SUV to prevent a swarm of paparazzi and fans from crowding them. The two of them were taking separate cars to the premiere since he wanted the shine to be on her and the movie she was starring in. Of course they would take photos together, but he would make it clear that it was about her and only her.

Soon, Marshall saw Antonio walking out of the double doors of the hotel and Alexis followed not too far behind him. His eyes remained glued to her and his jaw dropped as he took in her full appearance. She wore a strapless burgundy colored satin mermaid style gown with gold appliqué details at the deep V-neck area of the dress. The matching appliqué choker and the black open-toed gold chain strapped heels meshed well and made their own statement. The sight of her smooth thigh peeking through the high split and the way the gown hugged her curves and pushed up her breasts drove him crazy as he absentmindedly licked his lips.