Chapter Eleven.

Sunday

4:30 p.m.

New York City, New York

"I'm friends with the monster that's under my bed. Get along with the voices inside of my head. You're trying to save me, stop holding your breath. And you think I'm crazy, oh, you think I'm crazy. Well, that's nothing." Rihanna sung into the mic.

Marshall was in the studio recording a song with his good friend, singer and queen of never giving a fuck, Rihanna. He enjoyed working with her. The two of them were serious when it came to getting down to business, they joked around with each other at times and whenever the two of them collaborated on a track, the charts seemed to go crazy. They were electric when they merged together.

The song was called The Monster. The lyrics in the songs was Marshall's take on the negative parts of fame and the effects it's had on him. It wasn't that he wasn't grateful for it or that he didn't enjoy people knowing his name, rapping along to his songs and his music helping people through whatever they were going through. He didn't like how people took most of his lyrics too seriously, abused his privacy or splashed his shortcomings over every magazine and social media page.

He knew that he wasn't normal. He knew that he was a bit weirder and probably crazier than most. But he wasn't going to change himself for anyone unless he felt it was for the better.

Marshall began to rap his last verse and as he was in the middle of it, he saw Alexis walk into the studio. He tried not to get thrown off of his game and he kept the same poker face, but he would be lying if he said that his wife's presence wasn't something he enjoyed. He sometimes couldn't stand the way she made him feel. He felt giddy like a little bitch. But knowing how much she endured and put up with just to take down his guards, he promised that he wouldn't deprive her of him telling her his true feelings and keep it real with her about what he felt for her and about her.

He knew he had an amazing woman and for her to take a chance on him was an honor. Even if she didn't know it.

Marshall and Rihanna high fived each other once they finished recording the song and walked out of the booth. Immediately, Alexis and Rihanna greeted each other with a loud hey and hugged each other tightly, rocking each other back and forth. Marshall chuckled and just watched the two ladies.

"Girl, you are so fucking gorgeous. I'm so sick of you." Rihanna told Alexis.

"Boop. Girl, bye. I'm sick of you slaying my goddamn life every time a candid of you pops up or when you post a selfie on Instagram. Whatever you doing, gimme some secrets! Like, fess up!." Alexis replied, playfully throwing her hands up in the air.

"Please. Hey, whenever you decide to get back in the music game, please let me get on a track with you. I know that if Em and I can create magic on a song, you and I can create beautiful sadness." Rihanna winked.

"I got you, RiRi." Alexis smiled.

"Great!" Rihanna smiled and looked at her watch, "Oh, I have somewhere else to be, but you and I will get together soon."

"Alright, girl. Go slay the world."

"Always." Rihanna looked over at Marshall, "Marshall, always good to see you."

"You too, Rih." Marshall nodded and gave her a hug.

Rihanna kissed Alexis's cheek and gave her a hug before leaving out of the studio. Marshall grabbed onto Alexis's hand and pulled her close to him.

"Hey there, big boy." She cooed playfully, wrapping her arms around his neck.

"Hey, sexy." He leaned down slightly and kissed her lips.