Chapter Forty Eight.

Sunday

1:26 a.m.

New York City, New York

Alexis had been enjoying her night and basking in the moment of her premiere. She felt accomplished and she was glad that the film was received greatly by her peers. She couldn't wait to see what everyone else would think of it. But while she was enjoying herself, she had a weird sense of unease as well. She felt like she was being watched all over again. She knew it couldn't have been Dante because he was locked up for good and had no way of getting close to her ever again. She still couldn't shake the feeling.

While she was having fun with her co-stars and fellow industry peers at the after party, she noticed Marshall and 50 Cent conversing amongst each other. As Marshall left off to what she guessed was the bathroom, she wanted to say hi to 50 and have a brief conversation with him. During their conversation, she noticed that Marshall left his phone on the table and a text popped up on the screen from somebody named "J.M."

J.M.: I'm heading out. Got somewhere else to be. Let me know if you ever need me again

What could that mean?

She didn't want to be the nosy wife and go through his phone. Even though she had full right to as his wife. She knew the after party of her premiere wasn't the time nor the place to bring it up, so she opted on waiting until they got home. Last thing they needed was a scene made between them in front of everyone.

Alexis slipped out of his embrace and turned around to face Marshall, crossing her arms.

"Who is J.M.?" She asked again.

"Nobody." He replied, looking down at her.

"Well, this "nobody" has your phone number and is telling you to let them know if you ever need them again." She rolled her eyes, "So I'll ask you again. Who...is...J.M.?"

"That's none of your business or your concern." He quipped.

"Excuse me? You're my husband and I'm your wife. Any and everything you do is my goddamn business, my goddamn concern and vice versa. Now, tell me who the fuck that is." She chastised, growing more agitated and angry by the second.

"It's nobody important, trust me. Come on, we just had a good night. Don't do this shit."

"See? You say trust you, but how can I do that if you're hiding shit from me?!"

"I'm not hiding shit."

"Yes, you are, Marshall!"

"I'm not doing this shit, aight? You don't need to know about that and I ain't telling you. End of discussion."

She narrowed her eyes at him in disbelief. She couldn't even believe that her own husband was acting the way he was. Keeping things from her and not being truthful with her. Her, of all people. She immediately thought back to when they first dated. After a few months of them being together, Marshall started quipping at her and being brash with her. The two of them would argue damn near everyday about his complaining of her wanting to be lovey dovey with him, but he had no problem giving groupies attention. Granted, he never kissed and slept with another woman, but he'd flirt with them in front of her face because he no longer wanted to appear as "soft".

She was slowly starting to feel like she was back in that same position. And she refused to go through that again. Especially not since they'd been married for nearly five and a half years.

"You're taking me back to a place I don't want to be in." She warned him.

"What are you talking about?"