Chapter Eighteen.

Friday

6:15 p.m.

London, England

Alexis sat in her chair at the vanity getting her hair and makeup done as she texted back and forth with Sasha. Sasha was in Los Angeles on business, but she was planning on catching the concert online. She even texted Marshall and he told her about his phone call with Kim. Alexis couldn't even do anything but shake her head. She understood her frustration, though. The two of them had been together since they were teenagers and just couldn't get it right. She could imagine that it would be hard to see the love of your life happy with someone else.

But at the same time, that had nothing to do with Alexis. Marshall was finished with Kim before the two of them got together. Why should she have to suffer because it didn't work out between them?

Alexis was slowly losing her patience, but she had to remind herself not to stoop down to her level. She had the career, the success and more importantly, she had the man. What did she look like arguing with the bitter ex?

Her soundcheck went extremely well and it was like she never left the music scene. She didn't know why she felt so nervous and scared. Marshall was right. She just needed to keep her confidence and remember that she was a pro when it came to performing.

A knock came at the door and Sandra went to open it. Marshall walked in and Alexis smiled widely. He looked amazing dressed in his all black outfit.

"Marshall, so good to see you." Sandra smiled and gave him a handshake.

"Hey, Sandy. You ain't working my girl too hard, are you?" He replied, fixing his hat.

"Not too hard. But it is my job to keep her working."

"I feel you." He nodded and looked over at Alexis, "Hey, pretty one."

Alexis blushed and chuckled, "Hey, blue eyes."

Marshall walked over to her and grabbed her hand, placing a kiss on the back of it, so he wouldn't mess up her fresh makeup.

"How you feelin'?" He asked her.

"Actually, I'm feeling really good. I'm not so nervous anymore." She nodded her head.

"See? What did I tell you? Told you to keep that negative shit out your mind."

"Yeah, yeah. Be quiet, you." She playfully rolled her eyes, "Anyways, what did you spend all day doing while I was gone?"

"I just stayed in the room. Took a few calls and stuff like that, you know."

"Yeah, I understand. I'm really glad you're here."

"You're my wife and I happen to like watching you perform and I like your music. Why wouldn't I support you?" He winked.

Alexis smiled at her husband and he pecked her lips. After her hair and makeup was completed, she walked into the bathroom to change into her performance outfit. She slipped on a long sleeved black lace up romper maxi dress and a matching pair of strapped open toed Giuseppe Zanotti heels. She walked out of the bathroom and everyone in the trailer had their eyes on her.

"Acceptable?" She asked.

"Very." Marshall licked his lips, stroking his chin.

"You look fantastic." Sandra smiled.

"Thank you."

The door opened and the sound guy came in.

"Alexis, you'll be on in about three minutes." He informed her and left the room.