Chapter Sixteen.

Tuesday

5:20 p.m.

New York City, New York

Alexis tiredly walked towards her car and got in, placing her handbag into the passenger seat. Ten looks and at least over a thousand photos later, her photoshoot was finally done. She couldn't wait to see the photos later and it was a lot of fun, but standing on her feet for so long and being in heels for a long period of time took a bit of a toll on her. She was most definitely grateful for the opportunity, but she was ready to head back home. She had to check on her husband first, though.

She started up the car and placed her sunglasses over her eyes before driving off to the label headquarters.

When she arrived, she parked in the garage and took the elevators up to the proper floor. She walked out of the elevator towards the office, removing her sunglasses and saw Paul.

"Well, there she is." He greeted her.

"Hi, Paul." She smiled and hugged him.

"You look a little tired."

"That I am. Ten looks and over a thousand photos, standing on my feet for a while and mostly in heels, I'm exhausted." She chuckled.

"I can't wait to see the magazine. I know you looked great." He smiled.

"Thank you. Where's my husband at? Has he been driving you crazy?"

"All the time." He chuckled, "But he's in the studio. You can go ahead in there."

"Thank you."

She began to walk down the hallway to the studio and opened the door to see Marshall recording in the booth as his producer Bigram Zayas, also known as DLVP or Develop and Dr. Dre sat at the board.

"So you be Thor and I'll be Odin, you rodent, I'm omnipotent. Let off, then I'm reloading immediately with these bombs I'm totin'. And I should not be woken. I'm the walking dead, but I'm just a talking head, a zombie floating. But I got your mom deep throating!" Marshall rapped.

Alexis walked into the studio and took a seat next to Dre as she watched her man in his zone.

"Your boy's killin' shit in the booth." DLVP told her.

"Oh, I can see that." She smiled, keeping her eyes on Marshall.

"You know, I've been around Em for years and I've seen him at his highs and his lows and everything like that. But something he never lost was the hunger in his rap skills."

"Yeah, you can tell he really cares about the creativity and the art of the game." Alexis pointed out.

"Exactly."

All of a sudden, Marshall began to rap his breakdown part at a supersonic speed. Dre, DLVP and Alexis just watched him in pure amazement and astonishment. One thing that Alexis would never forget or deny--her husband truly was the king of hip-hop. After he finished recording, Dre and DLVP clapped his hands and stood up.

"Now that's the shit I'm talking about! Come on out, man." Dre said.

Marshall removed his headphones, placing them down on the stool and walked out of the recording booth. Dre gave him a man handshake and patted his back.

"Excellent job, Slim. Shit, you ain't playin' no games." Dre told him.

"Gotta come with the heat, man. You know how I do." Marshall chuckled.