Chapter Six.

After finishing up at the office, Alexis and Marshall drove back to their townhouse. Alexis used her key to open the door and she walked in with him following behind her. The two of them went upstairs and Alexis sat down on the bed, removing her heels. Marshall took off his jacket and hung it up inside of the closet. He walked back into the bedroom and looked at her.

"I'm gonna take over the cooking for tonight. You relax, alright?" He told her.

"You don't have to do that." She replied, unclasping her necklace.

"Just let me do something for you for once. You always taking of me and shit. You deserve that shit too. Until I'm able to do something bigger and really show you what you mean to me and how much I love you, let me start with this."

"Marshall, I-"

He cut her off by kissing her lips. She caressed the back of his neck and he pulled away, looking down at her.

"Just shut up and do what I say, alright?" He demanded softly.

"Alright, fine." She chuckled, holding her hands up in surrender.

"Thank you." He chuckled and kissed her forehead.

He walked out of the bedroom and Alexis took off her clothes before hanging her dress up in the closet and placing her heels in their respective place. She walked into the bathroom and turned on the water in the bathtub. When she felt it was warm enough, she plugged the drain and allowed it to fill up the tub. She poured in the bubble bath solution and swirled her hand around until the water produced suds.

When it was filled up enough, she turned the water off and slowly stepped in, settling her body into the bath. She sighed in relief and flipped her hair back behind her so it wouldn't get wet. She laid her head back and closed her eyes for a couple of minutes. She grabbed her loofah and her body wash and began to wash her body.

After relaxing in the bath for a few minutes, she got out and wrapped a towel around her body before draining the bathtub. She went into the bedroom and dried off her body before applying cocoa butter onto her skin. She loved her cocoa butter. It kept her skin smooth, soft and it kept the stretch marks at bay. She decided to put on Marshall's baggy black sweatpants and a black Calvin Klein sports bra. She grabbed her phone and placed it into her pocket as she walked downstairs.

She walked into the kitchen to see Marshall at the stove, stirring something in the pan. She just stood there with her arms akimbo, staring at her husband. He looked so attractive whenever he cooked. He looked so focused on the task at hand. He looked over at her, eyeing her up and down.

"My sweatpants, huh?" He said.

"Yes. I wanted to be a bit more comfortable and you have sweatpants for days." She chuckled.

"Strangely enough, you pull them off just as good."

"Of course. It's me."

He chuckled and shook his head, "I'm rubbing off on you. You getting that cocky attitude."

"Psh, please. Never cocky."

He placed the top on the pan and came closer to her, slightly looking down at her. He lightly brushed that back of his hand against her toned stomach, causing her to giggle softly.

"You cute or whatever." He jokingly complimented.

"Well, thank you." She chuckled, "So are you."

"I'm a sexy motherfucker. Don't try to play me, girl."

Alexis laughed, "Whatever you say, Marshall."

After sharing a few jokes with each other, the Alexis and Marshall sat down in the living room with their dinner. Marshall made honey chicken with rice and vegetables and they enjoyed a glass of champagne with their food. Alexis wished he cooked a little more often because he was pretty good at it. But she understood with his schedule, that was just about impossible.