Chapter Ten.

Alexis was greeted by the guys with cheek kisses and hugs before Joe was gracious enough to pour her up a glass of Hennessy. She thanked him and took the drink from him, taking a sip. She was introduced to the girls in the section and she waved at them with a smile to which they looked her up and down like she was trash that didn't belong. It made her laugh, since they were nothing more than groupies and she was a woman who made a successful career for herself without getting on her knees or getting laid down. It was a shame since they were black just like she was that they would look down on one of their own, but she didn't care.

One of them was nice enough to spark a conversation with her and compliment her on her dress. Her name was Sasha. She was gorgeous with her brown skin, wavy black hair, brown eyes and medium full lips. She looked stylish in her black spaghetti strap crop top, black and white striped mini skirt and black open toed ankle strap heels. She mentioned that she was an Afro-Latina from New York. Alexis figured that out because when she would speak, she would sometimes speak Spanglish. She was hilarious and fun to talk to.

"So Lexi, how you been?" Royce asked Alexis.

"I'm good, I'm good. Just being a boss lady, you know? Ya girl's got big thangs happening." She smiled.

"Oh, for real? What's goin' with you?" Joe asked.

"Well, I've got a leading role in a movie and I'm performing for the first time in a long ass time in London."

"Check you out! You really takin' care of business, huh?" Royce said.

"Of course. Oh, and Marshall and I are signing this new girl to the label. She calls herself Shero and I showed her video to him. She has some serious skills. Like, she can hang with the boys."

"Damn. Well, you know us. Anybody that can flow is good with us. Don't matter if it's a woman or a dude." Joe nodded his head.

"Yeah, true that." Royce agreed.

Alexis looked over at Marshall who was talking and laughing with D12 and Obie. She smiled to herself at the sight. She was glad she got their numbers and called them up to invite them to the club. Marshall looked extremely happy and energetic like the guy she was around back in 2003-2004. She had a feeling that he really needed that and the smile that was on his face was so bright and boyish. She loved it.

Sasha came over to her and tapped her shoulder, causing Alexis to look at her.

"Wanna go get a drink and get on the dance floor?" She asked her.

"Sure. The boys are occupied at the moment." Alexis chuckled.

Alexis and Sasha left the VIP section and went over to the bar.

"How you doing, ladies? What can I get for you two?" The bartender asked them.

"I'll take a strawberry mojito." Alexis told him.

"Cosmo for me." Sasha spoke.

"Coming right up." He smiled and walked away to make their drinks.

"So bonita, you like shopping?" Sasha asked her.

"Girl, I am a shopping pro." Alexis laughed.

"Ok, ok. I see you. You doing anything tomorrow?"

"I don't think so. Nothing's on the agenda."

"How about you and I go shopping and go out for lunch?" Sasha suggested.

"Hmm, I guess that'd be cool."

"Great!" She smiled.

The bartender came back with their drinks and Sasha offered to be nice and pay for the both of them, but the bartender let them have the drinks on the house. Alexis and Sasha thanked him and sipped on their drinks as they went out on the dance floor. Pour It Up by Rihanna began to play and the two of them moved their bodies in sync to the music.