Chapter Fifteen.

"So who was the boy toy at the lounge tonight?" Marshall asked Alexis.

The two of them sat in the suds filled bathtub and he was leaned back against her as she rubbed her hands up and down his chest. After Marshall came back from the bathroom and noticed Alexis talking to some guy, it annoyed him a bit. Not because she was having a conversation with someone, but he noticed the way he looked at her. While he took it as a compliment because his wife was just that beautiful, it also rubbed him the wrong way.

Alexis chuckled, "That was Dante. I told you about him, remember? I dated him a couple of years before I met you. He was the one that broke up with me because he couldn't really handle my growing fame and my schedule. Sad, because we were good friends for a while. But, eh."

"He was looking at you like he wanted you. Bad."

"He can look and dream all he wants to. We had our time and it ran out, plain and simple." She stated, "I have the man of my dreams and I'm good. He knows I'm Mrs. Mathers."

"Still."

"You don't have to be all jelly, Shady. Even though it's kind of cute." She playfully pinched his cheek.

He moved her hand and shook his head, "Best believe, I ain't jealous of nobody. I know who I am as a man."

"So I take it you want me to deny his request to have lunch?"

"When?" He sat up more and looked at her.

"He didn't say when. He just said that he wanted to get together for lunch sometime and chat. I said that I would make sure it's ok with you first." She placed her hands against his shoulders and pulled him back against her, "Judging by your demeanor, I already know that's a no. So I will tell him just that."

Marshall felt a bit bad about keeping her away from her people. He knew Alexis loved him and he knew she would never cheat on him or betray him. He just felt overprotective of her when it came to men. Especially those who were linked to her in a romantic fashion and even some men in the industry. A lot of them knew not to try anything because of who's wife she was, but some wouldn't care and would shoot their shot just to piss him off.

He knew he couldn't expect Alexis to be tied to his hip all the time and it wouldn't be fair to not expect her to have male friends. Plus, he trusted her and her judgement.

Marshall sighed and rubbed her leg, "You can have lunch with him."

"I don't want you to be uncomfortable, so I'm not going."

"I can't be selfish and expect you to be up under me all the damn time, so schedule a time with him and have fun with your friend. It's ok, baby." He nodded his head.

"How about you come along with me? That way, you won't be worried. Because I know you." She suggested.

"If I'm free, then I'll go. If not, you can go. Just let me know what happens."

"Deal."

The two of them did their little couples handshake and chuckled before giving each other a kiss. After their bath and changing into something more comfortable, he climbed into bed beside Alexis who was on her phone, scrolling through Instagram.

"What you looking at, wifey?" He asked her, placing his head on her shoulder.

"Pictures from Christian Siriano's fashion show and his studio designs. He is a beast." She marveled.

He nodded his head and kissed her shoulder, "You excited about your shoot tomorrow?"

"Yeah, I am. I mean, I'm going to be on the cover of Cosmo. That's pretty big."