Chapter Twenty Nine.

Monday

5:45 p.m.

New York City, New York

"We could get down to the bottom of this if we worked together! You're not the only person Captain assigned this case to!" Shia yelled as he was in character.

"Look, I was doing just fine before you came along, alright?! If anything, you're just getting more and more in my way! This is my business and I'll handle it! I don't even know why he assigned you on this with me. I'm capable of doing this on my own!" Alexis exclaimed.

All of a sudden, a door opened and there stood Denzel Washington, who played the role of Captain Eric Smith.

"Cayman, Torrino, in my office! Now!" He shouted.

Alexis scoffed and pushed past Shia as she walked towards the captain's office with him following behind her. The two of them took a seat in the chairs across from the desk and Denzel leaned against the desk, staring at the pair intensely.

"Does any one of you want to explain what happened?! How did you lose Sachs?! Huh?! You had one job!" He exclaimed, slamming the papers down on his desk.

"None of this would've happened if you wouldn't have allowed the newbie to come here and try to take over my case! I was doing just fine until you forced him on me!" Alexis yelled.

"Watch your mouth, Cayman." He warned her, "You questioning my judgement? And you better think twice about the next few words that come out your mouth."

She stayed quiet and sighed, running her fingers through her hair.

"All I'm saying is that I had this under perfect control." She stated calmly.

"Oh, really? I can't tell. How many losses have we had? How many leads have been debunked?" He shot at her, "How many perps have been caught by Jacob compared to you?"

She remained silent and crossed her arms, looking off to the side.

"Look, I'm not making comparisons to make you feel inferior or incompetent. You are a grade A agent and I wouldn't have hired you if you weren't. But you are letting your ego get in the way of what could be the biggest bust of your life. All of our lives, really. Don't let your judgement and your thinking get clouded on just wanting to be number one. This is bigger than that. Now I put Jacob on the case with you not because I don't think you can handle it, but because it would be less stress on you with extra added help. Now whether you like it or not, he's on this case with you and I expect better teamwork. If not, I won't hesitate to snatch that badge from you." He commanded, "Do I make myself clear?"

"Yes, sir." She replied softly.

"Good. Now get out of my office and get your head on straight."

Alexis got up from the chair and stormed out of the office, removing her jacket as she walked out of the station.

"And cut!" Andrew called, "Take five, everyone!"

Alexis walked over to Andrew and ran her fingers through her hair again.

"Good job, very good job. Next, we're going to film the scene with you and Shia at the bar, ok?" He told her.

"Got it." She nodded her head.

She walked away to the crafts service table and grabbed a blueberry Nutri-grain bar. She opened the wrapper and took a bite of the bar. She saw Shia approaching her and he held his hand up to her, giving her a high-five.