Chapter Fifty Three.

*Author's POV*

Thursday

9:53 p.m.

Manhattan, New York

Alexis turned her head and saw a smirking Marshall looking down at her. He looked extremely distinguished and extra clean shaven in the black Tom Ford suit and matching wingtip shoes he wore with a couple of the top buttons undone on the button up shirt. The bleached blonde hair stood out just as much as the suit he sported. She was surprised that he was there and aroused at how good he looked.

"You gon' keep checking me out or you gon' come hug a motherfucker?" He joked.

Alexis snapped out of her thoughts and sucked her teeth.

"You ruined it. Go on back to Europe." She playfully told him and turned back around.

"Stop playin' wit' me, girl and get your fine ass over here." He replied, gently grabbing her arm and pulling her up out of the chair.

She chuckled and stood up, wrapping her arms around him in a tight hug as he rested his face in her neck, inhaling her scent. She inhaled his scent as well and sighed softly, taking in his presence. Marshall pulled back slightly and tilted up her chin before leaning down and kissing her lips tenderly. Alexis smiled softly and looked at him.

"What are you doing here? I thought you still had a couple shows overseas." She asked him.

"I do, but I told you that I would find a way to see my woman and I did just that. Luckily, one of the shows got pushed back to two days from now, so I used that opportunity to get on the jet and here I am." He explained and motioned towards Sasha and Nathan, "You can thank lil bro and his girl for helping me get you here and setting this up."

Alexis looked out on the dance floor at Sasha and Nathan and the pair waved at the two of them, causing her to chuckle before directing her attention back to Marshall.

"Clever, Mr. Mathers. You definitely came back to impress, I see." She told him, running her fingers down the buttons of his shirt.

"I figured you'd like it."

"I do. A lot." She bit her lip and looked into his eyes.

He stared back into her eyes and licked his lips, running his hand down her side. Primetime by Janelle Monae and Miguel began to play over the speakers and Alexis motioned towards the dance floor.

"Dance with me?" She asked him.

"Lead the way, queen." He winked at her.

She grabbed his hand and led him onto the dance floor. She wrapped her arms around his neck as he held onto her hips and the two of them began swaying sensually. The two of them couldn't barely keep their eyes off of each other and it felt like no one else was around except the two of them.

In a near distance on the floor, Sasha and Nathan smiled to themselves as they slowed danced together, satisfied that the plan worked out the way it was supposed to.

"That's a rare love right there. I can only hope to have that kind of love." Sasha spoke, looking over at Alexis and Marshall.

"Stick wit' me and what we have could grow into that." Nathan told her and turned her head towards him.