𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐒𝐢𝐱||𝐇𝐮𝐫𝐭

Those words hurt more then anything

Those words hurt more then anything. Hearing Xavier saying that I meant nothing to him hurt more than it should. Seeing his eyes filled with genuine anger made me believe him. He is right though, this is an arranged marriage. He isn't obligated to like me so why does it hurt so much? Why did my heart shatter into a million of pieces after those words left his mouth? 

I should've known that I meant nothing to him. I should've known that Xavier Hernandez doesn't give a shit about anyone. No matter how much I tried to see through him, he isn't going to change not even for me. All those moments we shared meant nothing to him. Those moments meant everything to me but nothing to him. God even our kiss meant fuck all to him. My whole came crashing down in the matter of 5 minutes. 5 minutes of torture. A lot changed in just 5 minutes.

Was he just playing with me?

"Mrs Hernandez we are here," The driver spoke as he pulled up in front of my parents' house. Even those words sting. Mrs Hernandez.

I decided to get the next flight back home because I couldn't stand being in Italy for a moment longer. Not with him there. 

"This is an arranged marriage after all, am I right?" Tears fell down my cheek as his words echoed in my head like a broken record. "All fake, right?"

I opened the front door, wiping my eyes with the back of my hand. Sniffling, I placed my bags to the side and walked into the living room to find my brothers and my mother sat on the couch. No sign of my father.

They turned their heads away from the tv at the sound of my footsteps. I watched as their eyebrows furrowed probably because of the tears that fell silently down my cheek. I sat in between Luca and Damon, feeling their arms wrap around me in order to comfort me but nothing could.

My mother kneeled down in front of me, placing her hands on my knees, "what happened cariño?" Her voiced dripped with warmth as she rubbed circles on my knee with her thumb.

"This meant nothing to me."

More tears fell down my face as I stared into my mothers honey eyes. When I failed to answer her question Luca tilted my chin up gently so I could meet his emerald eyes, "Did he do something to you?" His jaw clenched as his worried eyes scanned mine in search for anything.

"He didn't touch you, right?" Damon eyes scanned over me, looking for any injuries on me but I shook my head making him sigh in relief.

I chose not to speak knowing that I'll most likely break down into uncontrollable sobs at the thought of Xavier's words.

"I'll bring you some food, okay?" My mother smiled at me, before getting up, "Relax mija." She kissed the top of my head before leaving the room.