Chapter 1: Harrison or Hemming

An unexpected blast followed by a thunderous rumble shake the entire Stark tower. As the ear-splitting noise wakes you, you pull back the covers and leap out of bed. 

As you rush to the window, you snag the fluffy robe from the foot of the bed and slip it on. Looking out of the window, you see an enormous blue wormhole in the sky and what you can only imagine are aliens, flying out of the dark beyond.

As you watch the people frantically flee the streets below, your heart races in your chest and you shiver as a flying alien vehicle whizzes past your window

Maybe this is just a horrible nightmare.

At least that's what you hoped until a loud voice speaks. 

"Miss Harrison, Mister Stark is calling."

"Put him through." You patiently wait until you hear Tony's voice.

"Nova, I need your help in evacuating the tower right now. Some guy with a mythological god complex is trying to take over the Earth and of course, he picks my newly-constructed tower as his front-row seat."

"Tony, you are not making sense, what?"

"You evacuate people from the tower, I make sure it doesn't go boom, got it?" The sarcasm oozes from his every word and despite the lack of video, you can feel him rolling his eyes at you.

"Yeah yeah, I get it. No need to patronize me." You grumble.

"Kid, I don't have time for this, just get it done." The call disconnects and you take one more look at the sky before heading to the bathroom.

With a simple flick of your wrist, you conjure black leggings, black leather boots, and a simple black t-shirt underneath a navy leather jacket.

Your waist-length raven hair is tied into a tight bun. If there's going to have to be a fight, you wouldn't want any hair in your face.

Although you have worked at Stark Industries for four years, you only recently moved into Stark Tower. When Tony moved to his new tower in the middle of New York City, he offered his legal team, assistants, chauffeur, and a handful of other employees a place to live in the tower itself. 

Like many others, you accepted his most gracious offer. After all, you didn't want to waste hours in traffic to and from work. The only affordable apartment you found was located in Suffolk County. In addition, not having to pay rent was pretty enticing as well.

In reality, however, you are so much more than the legal advisor Stark hired you to be. But, with his large ego in hand, Stark hadn't bothered to do an extensive background check when he hired you on the spot. 

That was shortly after the stunt he pulled on national television when he told everyone that he was 'Iron Man'. Pepper urgently needed someone to mitigate the damage Tony had caused, which in turn allowed you to keep most of your other skills hidden.