Chapter 8: Exercising Patience

You and Tony enter the lab where you can see Bruce working hard on uploading data into the mainframe. Tony walks you over to a table where a thin black suit lies with wires plugged into the shoulders. 

The suit is decorated with very thin translucent lines that are almost hidden within the fabric of the suit.

"Try it on." 

"Wait ... You made this for me?" You gasp, touching the soft fabric. 

A smirk spreads across Tony's face as he unplugs the suit's wires. He places the suit in your hands and you're surprised at the weight. It barely weighs anything at all.

Eager to try it on, you rush into Tony's separate office and pull the suit onto your body. As you zip up the suit from the front, you can already tell that it's a perfect fit. It almost feels like wearing a second skin.

Leaving the office, you meet Tony and Bruce at the table

Leaving the office, you meet Tony and Bruce at the table. You smile brightly and do a little twirl, almost doing a little dance as you are very happy.

"Hey Banner, where are the boots?" Tony asks Bruce, noticing you're not wearing them yet. 

"Here." Bruce hands you the boots as he reaches across the table.

You quickly put on the boots and walk over to the mirror on the wall. The suit hugs your figure well, accentuating every curve without being too tight and without revealing too much.

You run your fingers over the lines, curious about what they are. They're so thin, almost like a string of glass fiber and they're super flexible as you don't feel them when you move. 

"Tony, what are these lines for?" You ask, pointing to the five lines connected on the back of your hand.

"Those will charge with the help of your magic. We plan to use them to power the suit for something, we just haven't figured out what for yet." Tony walks around you, inspecting you one final time.

"Are the boots comfortable?"

"Surprisingly comfortable. By far the most comfortable heels I have ever worn." You smile, walking the lab, holding your thumbs up. You squat down to see if the suit will stretch with you and luckily it does.

"These are just a prototype right now. I am planning on making them retractable so that a very sharp blade is exposed. You can use that to your advantage in hand to hand combat." Tony walks away and starts tapping onto a different screen. "The suit looks like it fits you perfectly, so we will keep these specs."

"Sounds good. Do you have everything you need? Should I take this off?"

"Of course, Elsa. You can take it off now, and please put everything back on the table over there." Tony points at the empty lab table where the suit had been.

You grab your sneakers and back into the office to change out of the suit. A part of you doesn't want to take it off as it is so comfortable.

Changing into your own clothes, you place the suit back on the table where Tony immediately plugs the cables back in.