*Chapter 27: Walk Of Shame*

Upon waking up the next morning, you had no memory of what had happened the night before. You felt confused as you tried to piece together the fragments of last night's events. You remembered the feast but nothing else. A pounding sensation filled your head as you tried to get out of bed. After a long struggle, you finally gave up and sank back onto your pillow.

You heard the sound of someone knocking on your door and slowly pulled yourself up into a sitting position, your head still pounding.

"Come in."

"Good morn, my lady!" Gitte burst into your bedroom, ripping the curtains wide open, allowing the bright Asgardian sun to seep inside and illuminate your bedroom.

You groaned, yanking the sheets over your head to escape the harsh light.

Gitte eyed you skeptically.

"Ah!" She smiled. "I see that the ale hasn't worn off yet."

"Nope." You grumbled. "Never again. Bad ale."

"Would you like me to fetch you a remedy for your aches?" Gitte said in a soft voice.

"Yes please." You mumbled from under the blanket.

"I will be back shortly. Please remain here." She said as she left the room. The headache was so overwhelming that you could hear her footsteps echoing in the hallway as she walked away. You stayed under the covers, still and quiet, until she returned.

Gitte returned with a thick, bright orange potion poured into a crystal vial made by an alchemist. You cautiously take the vial from her and sniff it.

"Eww! What is that smell?" You gagged, nearly spilling the bottle contents.

"Careful! One mustn't smell the contents." A soft chuckle escaped Gitte's lips as she shook her head softly. "It's magic, my lady. It works fast. Now ... Skål!"

You groan as you gaze at the vial, already dreading the taste on your tongue. You place it on your lips, pinching your nose shut with the other hand and throwing it back like a tequila shot.

"Gah!" You shuddered and stuck your tongue out at the taste. "It tastes like moldy oranges and rotten fish!"

You quickly grabbed the cup of water from your night stand and gulped it down, trying to wash away the taste. You couldn't believe you had just drank that.

"Hmm, that might be accurate." Gitte hummed pensively.

You stared at her with wide eyes, curling your lips at the thought when suddenly, you felt your headache subside as the potion worked its magic.

"Oh wow, that works fast." You smiled as you felt your body relax.

Gitte nodded, a satisfied smile on her face. "I did tell you, Lady Nova," she said, her voice dripping with pride that she could help.

You watched as she put the empty vial away, feeling a sense of gratitude that she didn't judge but chose to help instead. Though you remembered being a servant once and surely, servants weren't allowed to judge those above their station. Not that you considered yourself above her station, but you appreciated her help nonetheless.

"Oh, I almost forgot to tell you that Prince Loki is looking for you. When you finish breakfast, he requested you be sent to the library."

"Loki..." You murmured his name, and then it hit you.

Your face turned pale. In a flash, everything that happened yesterday came back to mind. Your heart began to pound in your chest, dread washing over you.

A feeling of terror crept over your body as you thought about facing him again. Taking a few deep breaths in and out, you slowly stood up, trying to remain calm.