Chapter 29: Þrymheimr

"Who is Synnove?"

"You, my daughter."

Your heart skipped a beat as you stood there, staring at the woman in front of you. It was a moment you had dreamed of your entire life, yet never believed would come true. But there was no denying it now. The woman standing before you was your mother.

You didn't know why you hadn't noticed before. The resemblance was striking. You could see your own features reflected back at you in the woman's face. The same almond-shaped eyes, the same soft freckles dusted across the cheeks, and even the same dimpled smile. It was as if you were looking into a mirror, only this mirror showed you the missing piece of your life.

"You're my mother?"

"Indeed I am."

Your attention was once again drawn to the loud banging noise behind you. Turning around, you saw Thor attempting to break through the ice wall with his hammer while Loki stood beside him, shaking his head. However, despite Thor's best efforts, the wall remained steadfast, refusing to budge.

"I... Uh... They... Will you let them through, please?" you asked hesitantly.

"Are they your allies?" she asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Yes, they are."

"Even the Mischievous one?" the woman inquired, her voice laced with scepticism.

"Yes, both of them."

"Do you trust them?"

"With every fiber of my being." You agreed.

After a brief pause, the woman nodded, reluctantly accepting your answer. "Very well."

Calm and composed, the woman lifts her hand and waves it once. By magic, the barrier dividing you from Thor and Loki disappears. Thor and Loki step forward, their expressions a mix of relief and curiosity.

The realization struck them like a lightning bolt—the woman from your dreams, the one they had been searching for, was none other than Skadi herself.

Thor found himself momentarily speechless. His usually confident and composed demeanor faltered, replaced by a mixture of surprise and awe. Loki seemed caught off guard by the revelation. His ever-present smirk faded, replaced by genuine disbelief.

"Queen Skadi." Thor pressed his arm against his chest and bent his head in a gesture of respect, followed by Loki, who mirrored his brother's actions.

"Welcome, princes of Asgard," Skadi began, "Be warned that your presence here is only granted at this moment in time. Shall you return without Synnove, this wall shall be the end of your journey."

Thor's mind raced as he tried to make sense of Skadi's words. "Skadi... Synnove..." he muttered, his brow furrowing in deep thought. Suddenly, it hit him like a bolt of lightning. "Lady Nova, you are the lost princess!"

"Indeed she is," Skadi confirmed, her voice filled with warmth. "Now, let us head to the castle. I will tell you everything your heart desires to know."

It all hit you like a tidal wave. Years of unanswered questions flooded your mind and you couldn't help but feel a mix of emotions - confusion, excitement, but even a hint of resentment.

With a wave of her hand, Skadi channeled her magic and transported the four of you to the very heart of the majestic castle. The grandeur of the castle's architecture left you in awe as you appeared in a sitting room adorned with intricate details. The dimly lit hallways stretched out before you, filling the air with an otherworldly ambience.

 The dimly lit hallways stretched out before you, filling the air with an otherworldly ambience