Chapter 9: The Past

The next morning, you got up early and headed to the kitchen to prepare breakfast for everyone. You decided to make scrambled eggs with bacon and sausages, and even cut up some fresh fruit. 

As you prepare everything, you find yourself zoning out the entire time. For some reason, you can't stop thinking about Loki. When you brought him the muffins the day before yesterday, the way he stood there in the doorway, so nonchalant and barely clothed. 

"Why is he so damn hot?"

There's still something about the way your cheek felt against his skin. It's even driving you bonkers. What was that about? And his cologne smelled so good!

"He even smells like a god."

"Wait, what do gods even smell like?"

"Stop it Nova! He's a murderer." 

"Ugh! STOP IT!"

You feel like your thoughts are spiraling out of control. It was just a hug, right? Nothing more. It even felt a bit awkward from his end as he tensed up all the way. But, he did end up hugging you back.

"Are you okay, sweetie? You seem to be on an entirely different planet today." Pepper's voice startles you as you didn't hear her walk in.

"Hmm? Me? Yeah! I'm fine. I am perfectly fine. Just, uh, thinking of a few things I need to do today." 

You know you can't tell anyone here at the compound about those particular thoughts. Everyone seems to dislike Loki, and if you were to tell them, they'd think you've gone absolutely mad.

"Uh huh." Pepper smiles, but doesn't say anything else.

"JARVIS, please let everyone know that breakfast is ready." You order the AI, attempting to change the subject.

"Yes, Miss Hemming."

"Will you help me distribute the plates, Pepper?"

"Sure, sweetie."

 A few moments later everyone gathers in the kitchen. Nat and Clint help by getting the coffee ready for everyone, and Tony and Bruce help set the table. As you are filling the plates, a sleepy and grumpy Thor walks in with Loki, who is already properly dressed and groomed. 

Pepper puts the very first plate in front of Thor, and his eyes light up immediately as he instantly shovels the food into his mouth. 

"Who would have thought Thor to be the type to get so hangry? God of Thunder, more like God of Hunger."  You smile as you place the sausages and bacon on the last few plates.

Finally, after everyone received their plate and a second plate was put in front of Thor, Pepper and you join at the table as well. Loki happily passes you a cup of coffee with a genuine smile on his face. 

"He's smiling at me!" 

You smile back softly, pretending that you aren't feeling like smiling and giggling like a little school girl.

When most of the team has finished their breakfast, Tony gets up for more coffee and pops several blueberries into his mouth as he stands at the kitchen counter.

"Hey kid, would you mind joining me in the lab again later? I would like to finish adding the data to your scans." He asks, sipping from his coffee.

" He asks, sipping from his coffee