Chapter 10: I Need You To Come Back

*Torture ahead*

"Hey Loki, the food is on the way and will be here soon so I'm going to go downstairs and wait by the door." You say, pulling your coat off the hook and pressing the elevator button. Loki nods his head in response.

As the elevator's doors open, you step inside. "JARVIS, lobby please."

"Certainly, Miss Hemming."

As the doors open into the lobby, you head to the heavy-duty double doors.

"JARVIS, unlock door 1A and the main gate, please." 

Tony made sure that JARVIS automatically locks all the outside doors when he is out on missions. The Avengers who are left at home can still ask JARVIS to open the door, but it leaves unwanted guests outside.

With a heavy click, the door in front of you unlocks. Pushing the door open, you step outside. Less than a minute later, you spot lights bobbing over the grass as the car follows the road to the front of the compound.

Stepping out from beneath the brightly lit canopy, you wave the car down. In front of you, the car stops and you wait patiently for the delivery man to grab all the food. The driver opens his car door and stares at you.

"Hi, order for Nova Hemming?" He asks.

"Yep, that is me."

Upon getting out of the vehicle, the driver hands the bag over to you. Pulling out a 20 dollar bill from your pocket, you hand it to the driver.

"That's for you. Thank you for driving all the way out here." As you turn to go back inside, you smile.

"Hey Miss Hemming! Are the Avengers home? I would love to get a picture with them. My boy, he is such a huge fan."

"I'm sorry, but they left for a mission a few hours ago and they won't be back anytime soon." You reply over your shoulder as you return to the door.

"Then I'm so sorry for this." He mumbles before catching up with you and pulling a bag over your head. Then, he starts dragging you to the car, but your kicking and screaming significantly slows him down. A camera on the building's side focuses on the struggle.

Upstairs in the living room, Loki is still reading his book, awaiting your return.

"Pardon me for interrupting, but there's a man outside, he is trying to kidnap Miss Hemming." JARVIS displays the front door camera on the window across from him, causing Loki to jump out of his seat.

Immediately, he runs toward the elevator but jumps over the balustrade next it instead, falling three floors down but landing on his feet. He bolts out of a side door, watching you claw at the man as he continues to drag you toward his vehicle. 

Loki stealthily sneaks behind the man, clasping his hands behind his back and leaning forward to whisper in his ear.

"Boo."

He finally lets you go and turns to fight Loki, balling his hand into a fist and striking the God square in the face. Loki does not flinch as the driver's fist hits his cheek, he simply smiles.

"Right, my turn." Loki punches him hard, launching him over the car. Falling to the ground with a heavy thud, the driver stumbles and groans as he tries to stand up again. You pull the bag from your head and look up at Loki who has reaches his hand out to pull you up.

"Are you okay?" Loki asks with concern in his voice. You nod.

"I'm okay. Thank you."

After scrambling back to his feet, the man rushes back to his car. Once inside, he tries to close his car door, but Loki catches it before he can do so and tears it clean off its hinges.