Chapter 21: Wicked Game

Having just finished showering, you're heading to your closet to pick out a dress when a knock comes on the door.

"Hi Nova, it's Nat and Pepper. May we come in?" Nat asks.

"Of course! Come on in!" You yell from the bathroom. Nat and Pepper let themselves in and place their dresses flat on your bed before heading into the bathroom.

"Will you help me pick out a dress? I can't choose between this red one and this green one." You ask as you enter the bathroom, carrying the two dresses. You hold each one in front of you, showing how they would look on you.

"The green one!" Pepper reaches out to feel the fabric and nods. "Definitely this one."

"I agree. The red one is gorgeous, but the green one is just ... Wow!" Without saying another word, Nat snatches the red dress out of your hands and heads back to the closet to hang it back.

"Okay, I guess green it is." You chuckle as you place the green dress on your bed next to theirs.

"Want me to do your hair?" Nat twirls her fingers through your long raven locks, already deciding on curling your hair and putting it half up and half down.

"Sure!" You nod and grab a stool nearby.

"I will help you with your make up while Nat does that." Pepper says happily as she grabs a make up bag from your cabinet.

Since you usually use magic to do your make-up, you didn't even realize it was there.

When Nat is done curling your hair, she runs her fingers through the ends, grabbing a few on the side. Using an emerald-jeweled clip, she pins the strands back. Meanwhile, Pepper finishes applying makeup and pulls out a deep maroon lipstick.

A proud smile spreads across Nat's face as she squeezes your shoulders and admires her good work.

"You look gorgeous!"

"Thank you so much ladies!" you say. Nat's comment makes you smile broadly as you return to your bedroom to put on your dress.

Then you realize you forgot to grab shoes, so you head into the closet once again to grab a pair of metallic gold heels.

You go back to your bedroom and take off your bathrobe before slipping on the lavish green gown. It's like nothing you've ever worn before. Since you were only a commoner during the Middle Ages, you have only worn gowns appropriate for that status.

As you struggle with the gown, Nat helps you lace the corset, cinching you in. The shoulder straps drape elegantly over your arms. As you put on your shoes, you notice that the dress has a slit on one side that accentuates your legs. When you finish dressing, you head to the bathroom to check yourself in the floor-to-ceiling mirror.

"It looks as if it was made especially for you," Nat says. As you look in the mirror, you give a playful twirl, smiling widely.

"I even feel beautiful." You exclaim confidently. "Guess I clean up nicely."